Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Has Anyone Ever Ordered From Year One???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Has Anyone Ever Ordered From Year One???

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone on this site has ever ordered body parts from Year One. My Z was hit back in IL by a damn Highlander and i now have these huge dents and scratches along the passenger side of my car. Insurance you say...screwed me over didn't give me close to what i need, it was a damn settlement btwn the two companies.
I took the car to Chevorlet and yep you all guessed it...a fat *** estimate. Talking ballpark $2100. Guy says that i need a whole new door because it is cracked through the door skin and spider-webbed the frame. In addition the quarter panel and the fender need replaced. All in all, it is f*cked up. I found the parts that i need from Year One but some modifications may need to be made in order to fit...is this the same complications that the dealers go through with OEM Parts. Just wanted to get some feedback and fix this damn mess. Thanks all.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

I ordered a headliner kit 2dyaair from them for my wife's 88WS6. Took 3.5 weeks to get it. CAlled them three times, they finally answered the 3rd time. The guy was very rude, didn't want to do anything about the fact that I paid for 2 day air. He finally took 20.00 off the shipping. After waiting over 3 weeks I would have expected them to at least do free shipping. HE never apologized for the delay, I would never order from them again. Just my .02.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've order from them a couple times. Always great customer service and quick ship times.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've ordered from there for my 69 and had no problems.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:18 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I've ordered tons of stuff from them over the last 10 years and have always received things packed nicely and at reasonable times. Sometimes things showed up much earlier than expected, it just depends if items are in stock or not.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have.. and here is a CS story..

Ordered the BRP motor mounts 3 months ago.. just realized they are both right sides, called YO and the offered to next day air me the right ones and then would trust me to sent the other ones back!! Parts came at 10am the next day and we were set..

They now have a customer for life

Plus I have a cupon here for 10-20% off (ends today) -- good place
Old 02-25-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive used Year One for both my LS1, and my 440 GTX. Quality, and service are first rate. The only thing I don't like about Year One is their prices, sometimes they seem too high. It pays to shop around.

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Thanks everyone for your input...really helped. One last question, is it smarter to order the body parts for the damaged Z then take it to a body shop and let them put in on....or should i just take it there and let them find the parts and put them on. Which is better??
Old 02-26-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ'sLS1
Thanks everyone for your input...really helped. One last question, is it smarter to order the body parts for the damaged Z then take it to a body shop and let them put in on....or should i just take it there and let them find the parts and put them on. Which is better??
You certainly could save some money buying the parts yourself, but . . . If there becomes a problem, fit, quality, etc. the body shop may say - "It's your parts - your problem." Where as if they buy them, they have to make them fit. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Ever Ordered From Year One???