Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HID Issue

So, I seem to have an intermittent issue with my hid's. I have 6k Lows and 8k fogs and stock high beams. Tonight I had my car running with the headlights on and foglights on. Then i went to switch to the high beams, then the car died. The passenger side hid's started flickering then went out and the right turn signal gauge light was on. Well then i turned everything off and started the car and turned the lights on and it was fine. Well then i went to leave and punched it to about 40 mph. I stopped and noticed my passenger headlight was out again. So i shut the car off and then back on and it was fine. Drove home no issues. So checked all the wiring and everything is fine. So i tried messin with to see if i could see what would cause that. I turned the lights on and then switched on the high beams, then back to low beams. I did about 2 times then the right side went out and the right turn signal gauge light turned on. I then disabled the automatic headlights so i can control it. Well i started the car and switched the lights on and off and everything is fine now. I think i just shouldnt touch the high beam switch. What are you guys opinions on this? Much help is appreciated
Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you running relays with em?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i believe so, but just on the lows.(Do the relays look like a tiny black box?) The fog kit is an ebay kit and i dont think they have relays, and the lows are a ddm kit which have relays.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the small black box could be the ballasts they sell plug and play relay kits that wires up and gives the hid's a full 12volts from the battery when turned on opposed to w/e it gets on the circut

Quick Reply: HID Issue