Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cheap Soundproof

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cheap Soundproof

Hey guys just thought Id share something I tried on my '00 Z28 and really liked.I dont have any pics but this is easy and works great.All I did was remove the trunk carpeting on the sides(The three flat head screws that hold the side pannel with the speaker on passenger side,and the carpet that you just pull out on Drivers side).

After that I bought 3M Rubber in a can.They have it at Napa and Napa also has this in there brand for cheaper.The 3M is $15 and the Napa was $6. Just spray on the floors and sides. Let the first coat dry about 3 to 4 min then put another coat and another until you run out. I made it look real good(plus you cant see it when you put your carpet back) and it cut down interior noise by 10 to 15% easy.Next week im removing the whole trunk may and spraying it,Ill let you guys know how it turns out.If you have loud exhaust like me this will definitely help. Thanks guys
Old 07-18-2011, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TexasTarnation
Hey guys just thought Id share something I tried on my '00 Z28 and really liked.I dont have any pics but this is easy and works great.All I did was remove the trunk carpeting on the sides(The three flat head screws that hold the side pannel with the speaker on passenger side,and the carpet that you just pull out on Drivers side).

After that I bought 3M Rubber in a can.They have it at Napa and Napa also has this in there brand for cheaper.The 3M is $15 and the Napa was $6. Just spray on the floors and sides. Let the first coat dry about 3 to 4 min then put another coat and another until you run out. I made it look real good(plus you cant see it when you put your carpet back) and it cut down interior noise by 10 to 15% easy.Next week im removing the whole trunk may and spraying it,Ill let you guys know how it turns out.If you have loud exhaust like me this will definitely help. Thanks guys

Good INFO!!!
I was wondering what was the best way to go about it without adding weight. POST SOME PICS!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone else done this? I recently undercoated my Z28 with rustoleum undercoating spray but I have not had a chance to test the sound difference yet(didn't do it for sound).

I am however looking for a cheap way to reduce noise in my old S10 Blazer so maybe I'll give this a shot.

How think does this stuff come out?

Quick Reply: Cheap Soundproof