Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LT1 TA to ebony interior + Dash pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default LT1 TA to ebony interior + Dash pics

The car originally came with a tan interior, I converted it to graphite some years ago, how ever as I pieced together door panels and a few other pieces were either ebony or dark pewter, so it kinda drove me crazy. The head liner started to sag so I decided time to redo it right. I sourced out all ebony panels, a set non cracked ebony door panels, a new head liner, new GM sun visors, New GM dash cap, a set of hard top trim pillars and of course an ebony dash from an 02 car. I also got an ebony dome light, just waiting for it to get to me. Yes, the fact the dome light is the wrong shade also bothers me enough to change it. I should have some completed pics tomorrow.

Stripped old Interior out

Ebony interior goes in

Here in lies the problem the old LT1 dash doesn't match.

This bothered me enough to where I decided it was worth switching to a ebony 02 dash, so the old LT1 dash though it was in great shape had to come out.

New dash goes in

Starting to look complete again

Last edited by BizZzatch350; 07-29-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carpet doesn't match and that doesn't bother you?
Old 07-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Launching!

you could've just painted the dash! looks good though
Old 07-29-2011, 09:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good man!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 AM

Thanks, The carpet is suppose to be lighter, as is the head liner, the carpet and head liner match one another both from ebony cars. Those rear seats are from an 01 TA with ebony interior and the back carpet matches the floor carpet. The lighter color head liner and carpet is nice because it's gives the ebony a break. I don't have patience for painting every thing I try to paint always turns out bad.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerokube
Carpet doesn't match and that doesn't bother you?
Like mentioned the GM ebony carpet is lighter in all GM cars that have ebony inside. It certain lighting it looks alot darker like the plactic panels, but in direct sunlight or flash from a camera it looks lighter.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

were the dark gray (graphite) seats leather? what are the plans for the old interior pieces?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 PM

The front seats are graphite, the rears are kinda weird, you can see it in the flash which also really brings out the graphite on the front seats, the bottom cushions and the outter sides on the rear seat back are ebony where the centers on the seat cushion sare a shade lighter than ebony. I gave away most the old LT1 graphite panels that were still usable. The front seats are perfect, zero, rips or tears, I had the driver side side bolster fixed, so not sure what I will do with them, right now just may keep them.

Still need to do some finishing touches here and there, seat belt guides, under dash panel, align the pillar to kick panel trim and clean every thing.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

gotcha. i just picked up a '99 formula hardtop, 6spd. it was originally a cloth interior (graphite) put the previous owner put a custom graphtie leather interior in it (and leather door panels), except for the driver's seat which is still cloth. im trying to figure out what i want to with it. either pick up cloth graphite seats for cheap if they are in good shape or, cough up sa few bills and get the drivers seat done to match the rest.

plus im missing the drivers side kick panel that goes around the hood release pull, since the hood release cable broke. i have that fixed, and just put in a new radiator today.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

looks good
Old 07-31-2011, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did a good job looks good
Old 07-31-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, that looks awesome man, very clean. Quick question though, my car has the cloth Charcoal interior and even though I vacuum it weekly and it stays spotless, I still think it looks pretty bad and I plan to to convert it over to the Camaro Ebony leather. Where would you go about finding the pieces to the interior at (door panels, rear seats, front seats, etc.)? Are you only able to get them from a wrecked F-Body at a junkyard or what have you or is there some other source that has them available that I don't know about?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:30 PM

I used Fparts and Cleveland Pickaparts on ebay, they both post a lot of ebony pieces and their prices are fair. Every thing I have gotten from Cleveland Pick a Part on ebay has looked really good, like almost new condition. Also I believe 00+ was the year they went to ebony

Originally Posted by SSwt00SS

plus im missing the drivers side kick panel that goes around the hood release pull, since the hood release cable broke. i have that fixed, and just put in a new radiator today.
Your going to have to be careful when trying to find trim pieces, the 97-99 cars had a dark pewter interior which is just a shade barley lighter than LT1 graphite, so LT1 graphite will be to dark and won't match. Seats are such a pain due to the costs and different variations through the years.

Quick Reply: LT1 TA to ebony interior + Dash pics