Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Sonar Headlight Help..

Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sonar Headlight Help..

i purchased a set of sonar headlamps and installed them with a 5k HID kit for my low beams. i used the stock bulb size. However after installing them and aligning them correctly vs my old headlamps the vision with these lights were terrible IMO.. i dont know if it is something i have done wrong or what the deal is.. they almost shined straight down and the light output didnt stretch out very far.. can someone help me get them shining correctly? do i need a different bulb? is there a trick in installing them to aim them higher? all advice is appreciated.. thanks
Old 07-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are three adjustment screws at the back. Take a picture of your light pattern w/ the sonars so we could help you better to where to adjust them.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Launching!

i took a couple pieces of plywood and drew the places where the low bims hit with my stock head lights, changed the lamps out adjusted the sonars to match as close as possible but they still werent high enough.. so i turned the low/high adjustment screw to high as far as it would go on both lights and they still were not high enough..
Old 07-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a screw adj at the bottom of the headlights. It would tilt headlights forward to close the gap and also tilt them up.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Launching!

ok thanks ill try that.. also, how are the CCFL R8 style headlamps? i heard the sonar's were the best light output but i like the r8 style too and the actual halo's look brighter.. on my sonars the halos arent even visible at dusk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sonar Headlight Help..