Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID foglights not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID foglights not working

I have recently noticed that my fog lights will not turn on when i hit the switch for them. They are hooked up with HID packs and i am not too sure how they work but i looked at it and it seemed as though everything was connected. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

You need to be a little more in depth but ill help out the best I can. Do you have a wiring harness getting power from the battery or were they just hooked up to the factory wires? Do you have voltage going to the ballasts? If so and they don't turn on chances are you need a wiring harness. Do they sometimes turn on or does one turn on but not the other? Also check and make sure nothing is plugged in backwards. These are the most common issues with hid kits. Let us know sir.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

They're hooked up to the factory wires. I don't know if they are getting any voltage because I don't have any testing equipment. They worked fine up until a few days ago when I noticed they weren't working. I don't check them every day though so they may not have been working for a couple weeks possibly. The only thing I can think of that may have done something to them is get them wet in a rain storm.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

Chances are the water had nothing to do with it unless you had them submerged under water. What brand are the ballasts? Id unplug everything and check for loose connectors in each cannon plug.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

i got it fixed. the switch for the foglights was not plugged in all the way. i didnt think it would be that because the light on the switch would turn on and everything but im glad i still checked it. thank you for the help though, i appreciate it!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

That's what this board is here for.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:56 AM
Staging Lane

I'm having issues with mine though! When I turn my switch for fogs all my interior lights dim.. They are plugged into the factory wiring, but I do have a relay from the battery (not connected) and thats bc it started smoking.. lol I am at a loss!!

they were running fine off the factory wires, then I blew the fuse, so I replaced it and haven't messed with it..if its a bad ground and i fried the relay i have another, where can I ground it better?

Quick Reply: HID foglights not working