Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Camaro hood scoop insert?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro hood scoop insert?

Any pics of people with hood scoop grill inserts?? Such as the emblempros chrome ones?

I have a pewter ss with chrome angel eyes and clear corners, was thinking about the 'ss' grill insert from emblempros but not sure if it would come out too tacky.

Any pics? Or thoughts on them?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:10 AM
FormerVendor

We've got em that follow the stock design so you don't restrict airflow or see the stock grill behind: http://store.yoastfabrication.com/se...m--dsh-/Detail

Old 08-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it looks real tacky imo,i think something in a gloss black would look alot better if you are going for something,but that just doesnt look good to me, no chrome should be anywhere on the front of these cars, again thats imho you do as you wish ,its your ride ,make it how you want it
Old 08-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Launching!

Yeah I go back and forth with it. I think the one like the yofab design above might be a little better than the SS engraved one.

Any pics of it on a camaro?? Mines a 02. I'm worried that it will look tacky or cheap, but then again it could look sweet
Old 08-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tacky imo, black only for hood scoop insert, maybe it might look good if you have stainless steel billet grille to match.

Last edited by BoricuaHec01; 08-18-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Yofab what do you mean restrict airflow too?
Old 08-18-2011, 01:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MEGATRONSS
Yeah I go back and forth with it. I think the one like the yofab design above might be a little better than the SS engraved one. Any pics of it on a camaro?? Mines a 02. I'm worried that it will look tacky or cheap, but then again it could look sweet
We offer it in brushed finish (my personal favorite) which looks more low-key than polished. I just have the pictures on our site: http://yofab.com
Originally Posted by MEGATRONSS
Yofab what do you mean restrict airflow too?
If the design of the grill doesn't follow the stock design exactly you will have sections where the stock plastic grill crosses through the cutouts in the stainless overlay grill. This would cause less air to enter your hood scoop.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:32 PM
FormerVendor

We can make these items in brushed finish, and mirror finish. We also have several different designs, colors and materials for customers to choose from. We sell about 2-3 of these a week.

To the other sponsor claming airflow restriction -Whether or not the grille bars follow the factory piece exactly has no effect on airflow. The spines still have the same count. The number of spines is the amount on the factory piece, so unless you cut those out, that is your airflow limitation - not a piece you slap on the front of it. Also, everyone knows that these cars' ram air scoops are purely cosmetic and function solely as a cold air source - not really a ram air source. So let's not make up false selling points and continue with nonsense.

Also, any design you guys want, and any pattern you guys want can be done by us - no problem. Don't be fooled by competitors that tell you what you see is all you can get from us, or give you the illusion that we can not easily produce what they have. We do custom orders every single day, and what we sell on the site are shelf items, ready at will. We can buy expansion plugs at 20 places a mile up the road.

I'm not going to get into a sponsor fight, but I will tell the truth. In the end, it's your car, so it's your decision. The internet is full of diverse opinions on cosmetic mods.

Thanks, Roger
Old 08-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Yeah I was like airflow restriction? For a non functional hoodscoop? Lol. Umm yes I have popped my hood before.

But yeah maybe brushed would be better than mirror chrome.

But I need pics anyone have pics?? Of them on a car.

Thanks

Pics??

Quick Reply: Camaro hood scoop insert?