Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Aligning my rear hatch

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the hatch pretty much aligned now. the gaps look good and its sitting where it should be. now just gotta figure out the latching problem
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

it makes the sound when i press the button
Old 09-02-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont worry about the release.. as long as it sits in the groove of the latch, you are fine... try moving the hook around.. you should be able to see it from the back of the hatch looking in... like that pic you took...it doesnt move much though.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

Alright, I finally got it fixed. Ended up having to take my hatch release off and lining up the hatch that way. but everything is good now. thanks for the help. No more sail panel bubbles for me.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to hear it's fixed. Hey ANTICOP RAM AIR, mind helping me align my hatch? I'll take pics of the areas that need adjusting, but for right now I can tell you that the left side sits evenly high along the entire quarter panel edge. I swapped from a Formula hatch to a TA hatch a while ago and got the alignment close but never really cared enough to fix it until now.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Glad to hear it's fixed. Hey ANTICOP RAM AIR, mind helping me align my hatch? I'll take pics of the areas that need adjusting, but for right now I can tell you that the left side sits evenly high along the entire quarter panel edge. I swapped from a Formula hatch to a TA hatch a while ago and got the alignment close but never really cared enough to fix it until now.
loosen the hook and hinge bolts, latch the hatch and use a deck of playing cards to set the gaps.. as long as there are an equal number of cards on each side, you will be fine... PM me your number and we can talk if you need to man...

Quick Reply: Aligning my rear hatch