Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Finally My Strano Drop!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlos64030
I've read that explanation a billion times throughout the years and it still doesn't make any sense to me. How many other cars do you see on the road sitting lop-sided? The 3rd Gen cars pretty much used the same chassis as the 4th Gens and I've never noticed those cars sitting like that. Oh well...
I've heard/read this before and like you, a million other times also. I don't think this would apply to the OP since he just put the springs on but for me, I have Eibach Pro-Kit with factory replacement shocks and have had them for about 3 years and my passenger side sits lower than the driver side but I was told a lot of cars do that because of the twisting motion of the car since the cars take an lean to the back and left on take off. I guess I could see it but IDK about the OP since his are new and may haven't settled yet. IDK.

OP, car looks a lot better.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Looks 10x better! I'm convinced that lowering and a set of wheels is what 99% of cars need to look good.
Nail on head, and too add, most cars need less backspacing so the wheel isnt buried in the wheel well.

Looks great OP.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks good with that drop.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont know if this is correct but Ive heard that bilstein and the revalved slp's are all the same bilstein HD's
Old 09-26-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
Looks good. Your car is not supposed to lean. Check your rear springs and make sure they're both facing where get he coil at the top of the spring points toward the front of the car. I bet they're facing different directions, that will cause that
rear springs are fine......i have them both pointing in the same direction....i learned that when i did my 3rd gen springs.

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
Did you install them yourself? If so, how long did it take?

yeah i did them myself...actually it took me all day to to the fronts cause i had to get the top shock bolt broke loose at a shop....theres no way i could have done it without having air tools, they zipped it right off! and also im so **** about ****...that i cleaned everything when i took it apart and repainted everything black....change the sway bar bushings since i was there anyways....the biggest pain in the *** was compressing the springs....had to using an impact drill on the bolt.....way! to much tension for me to do it.
other than that....everything was pretty simple. rears are a breeze!
Originally Posted by LT4vert
Nail on head, and too add, most cars need less backspacing so the wheel isnt buried in the wheel well.

agree %100 .....and ditto about the back spacing...i hate how the wheel is buried in the wells....looks stupid to me. something 315's can take care of
Originally Posted by pancho toco loco
Dont know if this is correct but Ive heard that bilstein and the revalved slp's are all the same bilstein HD's
according to Strano ...they are the same shocks. SLP's are cheaper cause he gets them in bulk and can sell them cheaper.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
No, the Strano/revalved Bilsteins is going to be a better setup. If you're looking to go on a budget though, the single adjustable KYB's are the cheapest ones out there, and I never really had any problems with them. The car honestly rode like a Cadillac (mostly due to the springs), and I ran an 11.08 on that setup. I haven't gotten a chance to ride on the Strano/Koni setup in my car yet due to not having my motor done and in the car yet, but I'm sure it'll perform better than before
So if my car is a daily driver, do you think the kyb's or bilsteins would last longer?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just get the strano/bilstein package and call it a day! you'll be happy with the choice!

daily driving i dont see any combo going bad.....not as bad as driving around on 5, 7, 9,10 year old stock shocks.

you want something like the koni's then spend the money on them. you cant afford that right now...then do the next best thing and get the billy's.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dabest09
So if my car is a daily driver, do you think the kyb's or bilsteins would last longer?
Lol, I don't know. I'm pretty sure the Bilsteins would last longer because they're a way better shock. My Firehawk had 188k miles on it and still had the original Bilsteins underneath it. I ran the KYBs on my SS for 3 years or so with the Stranos, and they still rode like new when I took them off

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR
just get the strano/bilstein package and call it a day! you'll be happy with the choice!

daily driving i dont see any combo going bad.....not as bad as driving around on 5, 7, 9,10 year old stock shocks.

you want something like the koni's then spend the money on them. you cant afford that right now...then do the next best thing and get the billy's.
^this.......exactly

Quick Reply: Finally My Strano Drop!