Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Water spots help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water spots help

I have water spots on the paint and the class. I never let the soap dry on the car when washing it and always keep it wet will I'm done washing and can dry it. One week when I went to wash the car the spots were there and through normal washing and 3 set waxing (cleaner, polish, wax) they are still there... Its all over the entire car and all the windows.

How do I get rid of them?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would start with a clay bar. If they are still there, then move up to a polish with the Porter Cable. Next step is something like Meguiar's M105 with an Orange pad. My neighbor bought a new black car and then left town for a few days. The water from his sprinklers hit the hood and baked in 100 degree days. I spent 3 hours with the M105 and the green pad from Adam's to finally get them out. Always start with the less aggressive and move up if needed. Good Luck
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 AM
11 Second Club

For the glass go to the grocery store and buy some Weimans Glass Cook Top cleaner. You want the paste squirt bottle stuff. Use that in conjunction with some 000 gauge steel wool. Either product by itself won't do the trick. You have to use them both for the magic to occur. Trust me on this one, it's AWESOME!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Based on your description, I'd say you'd need to do a decontamination wash along with a full claying of the the car. My suggestion would be to try washing the car with dawn dishsoap or something along those lines (you'll want something to strip the polish/sealant/wax off your car). I'd then order up some IronX off of autogeek and use that on the surface. Follow their instuctions for use and make sure you do it outside in the open (stuff reeks from what I hear!). After proper application of IronX, hit the surface with a quality claybar (Pinnacle?) and some clay lube. All of these steps applied properly should rid your surface of the water marks (in my experiences it has at least). Every car/surface/paint reacts different however.

Maybe hit up GoFast908Z, he has one of the most helpful threads on this forum I've ever encountered. Here's a link for you.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-detailer.html
Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wash ur towel, might be contaminated
Old 10-17-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

50/50 mix of water and vinegar. Let it sit for a few seconds and wipe it clean. It's safe on paint. The vinegar eats away at the water spot and nothing else. You can use a stronger mix if you need to. Make sure you wax afterwards because it may or may not take it off. As for the glass, do the same thing, but you can rub it with 000 steel wool. I did that to my t-tops that had bad water spots that were like 10 years old. Looks good as new!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99zee
I would start with a clay bar. If they are still there, then move up to a polish with the Porter Cable. Next step is something like Meguiar's M105 with an Orange pad. My neighbor bought a new black car and then left town for a few days. The water from his sprinklers hit the hood and baked in 100 degree days. I spent 3 hours with the M105 and the green pad from Adam's to finally get them out. Always start with the less aggressive and move up if needed. Good Luck
Have you tried the new MF system?

The Cutting disk paired up with M105 does some SERIOUS correction work with a PC.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
Have you tried the new MF system?

The Cutting disk paired up with M105 does some SERIOUS correction work with a PC.
No. PM me the information. Less work sounds good to me.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99zee
No. PM me the information. Less work sounds good to me.
http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-...er-system.html
Old 10-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Normally a paint cleansing lotion takes care of it for me. It's not abbrasive, but contains chemical cleaners to clean your paint. Start with that. If that does not do the trick and they are etched into the clearcoat you may have to remove some (aka buff).
Read this article to determine what type of water spots and the action that may be necessary.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...o-marring.html
Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Thanx guys, ya gave me alot of ideas to try. I'll try atleast one of them this weekend. I'm going to read ThirdgenTa's article suggestion to see which should be the best for me to try first.

Quick Reply: Water spots help