Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Which Wax...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SuperBuick..
I am always up for the latest in waxes.. the pinnacle has my intrest at the moment.
also looking at the menzerna polishes....
hey, with black, got to be willing to try new things!!
Old 03-19-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Owen, absolutely. Black is so hard to reach perfection on, and in addition, everyone's idea of perfection is different ESPECIALLY on black.

Let me know if you'd like any ideas or methods that I've had good results with - and if not, at least post some pics when you're done!

-T
Old 03-19-2004, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Meguiars new line of wax (nxt), much like zaino is hype. Try 100 different products than make your decision. 95 percent of the zainoytes have used 2 things, crap wax w/o prep from pep boys and zaino. Gee i wonder which would work better. Prep is key like many have stated and there are a host of other products that work alot faster, last longer and shine better than zaino.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

ZAINO does not say you need to apply 3 coats to get a shine, all you need is one. It all depends on how nice you want your car looking, so 3 coats is what I had time for that day. And as I had stated before, Zaino is the BEST polish I have used. And to a car enthusiast like myself, the $ is not an issue. So Im not gonna complain about $13 or $30.
I'm sure NXT is some good stuff, as many have stated but my vote is def. Zaino right now.

As for the NXT being all those things at once for $13, it sounds good.
The guy asked for an opinion on what wax/polish we thought was good, not a debate, hahah
Everyone will obvisouly have there own opinion.

Oh and by the way, did I forget to mention Zaino is used at the corvette museum
Well tha, tha, tha, that's all folks.

Originally Posted by tuffluck
that's great and all, but there are some things you need to keep in mind.

1. if you have swirl marks, the $13 z2 doesn't help.
2. one coat of tech wax and your car looks fantastic, it doesn't take 3 coats like you did with your zaino. in fact, meguiar's encourages people to not waste the tech wax by using more than 2 coats on one car within a given time period. time, time, time.
3. zaino is NOT as cheap as the nxt stuff by any means. tech wax is a combination of several things - wax, gloss, swirl/scratch remover, polish, and protectant. with zaino, each z# practically represents just a single ingredient that tech wax combines into one. each z# costs, by

t's own little self, the same that the whole bottle of tech wax costs or more. i ask you again, where's the gain?

the only reasonable argument i can muster to agree with is that z2 and z5 equal tech wax, since they both polish, protect, and take out swirls and scratches. that's still $13 and $17 = $30, which is more expensive. and you have to wait 24 hours before re-applying. AND re-applying is necessary to make your car look as good! AND you have to order it! sooo much damn trouble. why don't you just ship your car off to canada to get it repainted?!?! and once again, i've yet to see any car with zaino that will shut me up. and i see 10-15 cars on a somewhat regular basis that use zaino. nothin's doin' it for me.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Lightbulb

Yo don't forget Auto Zone........
Originally Posted by qwik3r
Meguiars new line of wax (nxt), much like zaino is hype. Try 100 different products than make your decision. 95 percent of the zainoytes have used 2 things, crap wax w/o prep from pep boys and zaino. Gee i wonder which would work better. Prep is key like many have stated and there are a host of other products that work alot faster, last longer and shine better than zaino.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

HANDS DOWN LIQUID GLASS (the one in the car not meguires) ITS $20 A BOTTLE BUT ITS EASY TO USE (NONABRASIVE) PROVIDES THE BEST SHINE AND THE BEST PROTECTION*

*LIQUID GLASS COATS ARE THIN AND HAR AS COMPARED TO MOST WAX WHICH COATS ARE MUCH THICKER AND SOFTER... FOR THIS REASON LIQUID GLASS IS GREAT WHEN APPLIED LIKE EVER OTHER MONTH THE MORE YOU APPLY THE BETTER IT GETS BEACOUSE IT DRIES HARD ALMOST LIKE ANOTHER CLEAR COAT WHILE WAX IS ABRASIVE AND MELTS OFF RATHER QUICKLY....... BELIVE ME I GOD DAM
OBSSESSIVE ABOUT MY CAR I MEAN IM PROBALLY ONE OF THE WORST ON THIS FORUM WHEN IT COMES TO MY CAR AND IVE USED MANY TINGS IN THE PAST ON OTHER CARS BUT LIQUID GLASS IS ALL MY TA HAS EVER SEEN AND ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY IT HOLDS UP TO EVEN MY STANDARDS WHICH BTW TO GIVE INSITE TO MY COMMITMENT I SPEND ABOUT 9-10 HRS WHEN I CLEAN MY CAR! !!!!!!!!! SO SIMPLY PUT LIQUID GLASS IS THE BEST!!!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Man Do I Sound Like A Nut In That Post Or What?.... Allwell Everybodys Got A Hobby Right???
Old 03-19-2004, 11:31 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Wax Shop
Old 03-20-2004, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

SuperBuick,
sounds good. where would you start?
(at the moment, my SS is "resting" for spring)
whats your take on the cordless drill pad kit from classic?
Old 09-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Teching In

For me at least , the only wax I ever put on my car is Pinnacle Soverign. Nothing else touches it as far as a wax is concerned. I have found out that thru alittle testing here and there, after clay barring I put a coat of polish on like Tropi-Care or if you like Zaino that's good also and wait 24 hours to let the polish cure right I put a coat of Pinnacle over it the results are amazing. In my opinion although expensive, Pinnacle makes especially dark colored cars like black and midnight blue luster like no other wax or polish on the market. When I'm done with my car, the paint lusters more than anything else. Zaino looks bright but there's other stuff out on the market as well or even better. I've been using Pinnacle with no regrets. Just my .02
Old 09-26-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've found that NXT Tech Wax is awesome, but im looking into what 'prep' means.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
I SPEND ABOUT 9-10 HRS WHEN I CLEAN MY CAR! !!!!!!!!! SO SIMPLY PUT LIQUID GLASS IS THE BEST!!!!!

you spend that much time on your car and all your using is liquid glass?
Old 09-26-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

How cool is it to bring up a year and half old thread? Nothing else to post on?

Quick Reply: Which Wax...?