Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Switchback/Foglight Error

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Switchback/Foglight Error

I recently ordered switchbacks. I installed them along with some Electronic flashers last week. Today, I noticed as soon as I turned on the fog lights, one of the switchbacks started illuminating both amber and white. I turned off the ignition and started over. Turned on DRLs, everything works fine. The switchback works fine until I turn the fog switch. Only one side is affected. After using the turn signal, the switchback goes back to amber like it is supposed to. I moved the LED to the other side and the problem switched sides. As far as I can tell, It sounds like a bad switchback, but I cannot make sense of the fog lights impacting this (other than that they come down the same leg and could cause voltage issues). My fogs are LEDs as well so there is much less draw than before, but I have also tried this with the fogs disconnected. Just wanted to see if there were any other people experiencing the same issue or anybody that might have any good ideas. I've contacted the seller and hopefully will have a new one on the way soon. I'll post back if I make any new discoveries. Thanks for the help
Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Looks like bogus lamps. I'm sending them back. I am afraid to try any switchbacks at this point. I have only found a couple of posts that don't end with failure.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It has something to do with the drl box from what I've read... I wired mine to delete the drl and don't have any problems with my led setup... But I'm not running switchbacks either
Old 02-22-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankSS
It has something to do with the drl box from what I've read... I wired mine to delete the drl and don't have any problems with my led setup... But I'm not running switchbacks either
yeah, kinda kills the point of switchbacks.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would still work as white/amber with the parking lights and turns though...
Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Teching In

I found a guy who sells lifetime warranted switchbacks. JWmotoring dot com. I popped them in... same weird issues. I tried a couple of different flashers. No luck really. I have sequential turn signals and I think that they are causing the problems. I can't think of anything else. The sequentials auto-adjust and I think its messing with the voltage as they flash 1,2,3 Anybody else running sequentials and switchbacks with luck?

Quick Reply: Switchback/Foglight Error