Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6LE CME tips pic request please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by My LS-won
Who makes that tip...i've never seen that in person.. looks bad ***....i have GMMG with tips... been thinking about a centermount.. how bout 6LE's new rear bumper slightly modded for a snugg fit to that tip...
6LE makes both the valance and the tip. They are both on his web site. You should check it out. I love this tip but now I'm starting to sway towards his dual stainless tips. Hell I just want them all. Wish the bank account would agree, lol.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone know how well this CME setup fits to a GMMG? I don't mind welding the elbows to the GMMG and the tips to the elbows but I dont want to start cutting stuff up to make it fit. Anyone with first hand experience?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Anyone know how well this CME setup fits to a GMMG? I don't mind welding the elbows to the GMMG and the tips to the elbows but I dont want to start cutting stuff up to make it fit. Anyone with first hand experience?
The 6LE package comes with 2 90* pipes, I think unless you go out have 2 more made to fit, you're gonna have to cut your tailpipes. I cut my tailpipes on my hooker system anyway.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

^ 90% bends arent included with the single tip CME like the OP is looking for though. Unless 6LE can add that but any exhaust shop can make this if they have a mandrel bender. Im pretty sure your going to have to cut on any system anyways to make it fit properly.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Badguy7
^ 90% bends arent included with the single tip CME like the OP is looking for though. Unless 6LE can add that but any exhaust shop can make this if they have a mandrel bender. Im pretty sure your going to have to cut on any system anyways to make it fit properly.
Yeah, I emailed him about the 90* bends and he said they weren't included with either of the kits that I'm intereseted in. No exhasut shop is touching my car. I do everything myself. Maybe he can just sell them to me with the kit I purchase at an extra cost. I dont mind paying a little more from a sponsor for the parts I want but I do mind having bubba cut my **** up at the local muffler shop because walmart fired him.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I had my bends done at an exhaust shop to use wthe CME tips with my magnaflow cat back.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Yeah, I emailed him about the 90* bends and he said they weren't included with either of the kits that I'm intereseted in. No exhasut shop is touching my car. I do everything myself. Maybe he can just sell them to me with the kit I purchase at an extra cost. I dont mind paying a little more from a sponsor for the parts I want but I do mind having bubba cut my **** up at the local muffler shop because walmart fired him.
I don't think an exhaust shop is allowed to touch your car anyway if any of the emissions have been messed with or they could be liable for altering it and be slapped with a $10,000 fine... that's what I got told.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00FlowCamaro
I don't think an exhaust shop is allowed to touch your car anyway if any of the emissions have been messed with or they could be liable for altering it and be slapped with a $10,000 fine... that's what I got told.
Weather they can or can't, I won't do the CME before I let someone else touch my car. If I can't get everything I need to do it myself I'll just leave my $200 GMMG oval tips on it. I can weld so I'm not concerned with that, it's just a matter of getting all the items needed. But good info for those who wonder or are worried about that issue.

Quick Reply: 6LE CME tips pic request please.