Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SCAT - Procar seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCAT - Procar seats

Fed Ex showed up yesterday with the SCAT Procar seats I ordered from Jegs. I do like the seats, for entry level they are more then acceptable. I also ordered the specific mounts for my camaro. When I put the seat together I noticed that with the sliders installed it puts the seats up very high in the car. Compared to the stock seats the height is over three inches taller. It looks like there are multiple mounting holes on the sliders but I would have to cut these off since they would hit the floor of the car. Has anybody had any luck with these?
Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by techls1
Fed Ex showed up yesterday with the SCAT Procar seats I ordered from Jegs. I do like the seats, for entry level they are more then acceptable. I also ordered the specific mounts for my camaro. When I put the seat together I noticed that with the sliders installed it puts the seats up very high in the car. Compared to the stock seats the height is over three inches taller. It looks like there are multiple mounting holes on the sliders but I would have to cut these off since they would hit the floor of the car. Has anybody had any luck with these?
wanted to know if you figured this out. also does the bracket work with the power seat assembly?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

I had these seats and did not like them. I sawed off the sliders down to the very last hole using a hacksaw. This helped a little bit. But these sliders are not flat and the seats bottom cushion is higher. You could try mounting two flat pieces of metal and mounting the factory sliders to them. I sold these seats and went back to stock due to the height issues. I'm 6'1". A shorter person it might not be as big an issue.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Figure this is a long shot, but has anyone got these 80-1605-61R seats to function at or near stock height? What brackets did you use to do so?
Old 03-06-2018, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Probably same issue as that seat cushion is super thick

Quick Reply: SCAT - Procar seats