Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: If 6LE Made This Hood Would You Want To Buy It?
HELL YES!
88.37%
Not Interested...
11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Paging Mark, Brian, 6LE... GOT AN IDEA!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98redM6
That looks hella raised. But I don't know if I like it.
I think this guy's got it. If that spoiler were to be fully painted black instead of the silver mess he has going on under the spoiler, I think it would look good and better but that silver is throwing it off... bad.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So any news Mark? Did you get that spoiler that was for sale in LA?
Old 05-29-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
So any news Mark? Did you get that spoiler that was for sale in LA?
If you want it made then get one for him.

When the CME valances were no longer available I drove to LA twice to have them molded and sacrificed my OEM valance for them. I ended up getting two painted valances in return which was fine with me, it's not like it was an original part on my car. Work something out with Mark to get it going.

I'd sell my OEM and buy it if it was of equal quality.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want it made then get one for him.

When the CME valances were no longer available I drove to LA twice to have them molded and sacrificed my OEM valance for them. I ended up getting two painted valances in return which was fine with me, it's not like it was an original part on my car. Work something out with Mark to get it going.

I'd sell my OEM and buy it if it was of equal quality.
Na I've talked to him.. He was just looking for a OEM SS spoiler & I found him one in LA. I'm from the Bay Area so driving all the way down to LA for a couple days isn't always available to me...
Old 05-29-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Na I've talked to him.. He was just looking for a OEM SS spoiler & I found him one in LA. I'm from the Bay Area so driving all the way down to LA for a couple days isn't always available to me...
I feel you on that. It's hard enough to get days off from work, let alone want to drive 8 hours+ round trip. I'm sure you had already looked into doing whatever you could to help him out.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I feel you on that. It's hard enough to get days off from work, let alone want to drive 8 hours+ round trip. I'm sure you had already looked into doing whatever you could to help him out.
Yea I mean if I wasn't working pretty much everyday & gas wasn't so damn expensive Id love to drive down & use my car as a test dummy haha. I use to live in Santa Barbara for school & if I was still down there I would of already been in LA! lol But I think if Mark ends up buying the one I found for him I'm sure he can find someone down in LA or even use his own? Just hope this gets going since I think its a awesome idea! & I really want one this summer
Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well if it ever happens id buy it in a heartbeat
Old 05-31-2012, 04:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd buy one too, but only if it had a no post like the Mecham. I HATE the post. They make it even more of a bitch to clean in there, and it looks cleaner without them. I'm gonna get rid of the ones on my stock SS spoiler. No third brake light would be nice too...
Old 05-31-2012, 05:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by squee
I'd buy one too, but only if it had a no post like the Mecham. I HATE the post. They make it even more of a bitch to clean in there, and it looks cleaner without them. I'm gonna get rid of the ones on my stock SS spoiler. No third brake light would be nice too...
Cleaning can be a pain but imo not to big... I think they would run into a copyright feud if they did it with no posts. So? But I do agree on the no third brake light. Since Id blacken it out & take out the bulb haha
Old 05-31-2012, 05:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cleaning can be a pain but imo not to big... I think they would run into a copyright feud if they did it with no posts. So? But I do agree on the no third brake light. Since Id blacken it out & take out the bulb haha
No, they shouldn't have any issues with copyright problems. Reason I don't want a brake light though is cause I'm gonna cut out Camaro in the taillight filler panel and back it with lexan and LEDs for my third brake light.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoever votes "not interested" is a bunch of party poopers. This is a spoiler that is hard to see the difference on a computor screen for some. But i have seen these in person and there is not a better looking spoiler for these cars. Not only does this soiler have more height, but in person you can see that the spoiler extends just a little past the rear valence. Looks killer. Im all in if it is at a reasonable price. I dont care if it has posts or doesnt. Looks good either way
Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badfbodyz
Whoever votes "not interested" is a bunch of party poopers. This is a spoiler that is hard to see the difference on a computor screen for some. But i have seen these in person and there is not a better looking spoiler for these cars. Not only does this soiler have more height, but in person you can see that the spoiler extends just a little past the rear valence. Looks killer. Im all in if it is at a reasonable price. I dont care if it has posts or doesnt. Looks good either way
This
Old 06-02-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks very nice. I think would look even better with the lip raised even higher.
I llove the posts, thats how you know its an ls1 ss. Its the ls1 spoiler that scares off the stangs,ricers,trucks,and even lt1'ers.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree the post must be there, i think ya have the most luck with a stock looking piece but changed up a bit, imo to drastic is to much
Old 06-02-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am in. I would like it without the post, but will take it with them.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

So Mark you guys think your going to get this going??? I got the cash! & I think a lot of other people are interested in the idea. Id gladly volunteer my Camaro to use as a mock up.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Definitely include the posts. It would be nice to have a more aggressive version of the SS spoiler.

I'm not a fan of the Freedom/Dick Harrell spoilers. LT1 spoilers look like they're missing something. Which is why most people swap to the SS Spoiler, because it looks the best...
Old 08-27-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
Definitely include the posts. It would be nice to have a more aggressive version of the SS spoiler.

I'm not a fan of the Freedom/Dick Harrell spoilers. LT1 spoilers look like they're missing something. Which is why most people swap to the SS Spoiler, because it looks the best...
Yea agreed man... SS spoilers look sick & imo would look even better raised up! So lets get this going
Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alrighty, so we have pricing and it sucks. It would be 100% made in the usa though so as soon as we got the orders we could have the spoilers heading out the door to you within 4 weeks.

Our NORMAL price would be $500 + shipping but if we got a first order of 10 we can do for $400 + shipping... Would look similar to this...

Anyone actually interested? At this point posts are up to you guys. 10 orders with will make 10 with, if we get 10 orders without we'll make 10 without (it is one or the other though so whomever is ready to pay tell me now what you'd like).

They will fit PERFECT though and COME WITH THE OEM BRAKE LIGHT...

Thoughts?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well count me in for it to have the posts Mark.... Sent ya a message on Facebook

Quick Reply: Paging Mark, Brian, 6LE... GOT AN IDEA!!