Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Body People come in please

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body People come in please

I have a 2001 TA that I bought used. It has been in a minor accedent on the driver side. Some of my body panels dont line up like they should. For instance the rear hatch has a small gap from the door back to the tail lights as it gets closer to the tail lights it gets bigger. also the hood has the same problem as it goes to the front bumper.

My question is can all of these pieces be realigned to fit better or is this the best that it will be from now on?
Old 04-04-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Should be able to adjust some.Were the body parts repaired or replaced?
Old 04-04-2004, 12:56 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing they are all replaced. The doors are made of composite plastic/fiberglass material. They don't hold up to much abuse. You'll be able to adjust everything, unless the body is tweaked. These are unibody cars so a hit here or there can tweak the chassis pretty good.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

well looking at the car, I can say the fender and both bumpers were just repainted. The door was repainted to. I know this because I tried to pull off the moldings for a smoother look and who ever painted it didnt remove them so there are lines where they were. Im not too sure what kind of damage was done but I know at least its been repainted.

The parts that are bothering me are the bumpers, both front and back, and the hood and the back hatch. The prob with the back bumper is the gap between it and the tail lights. Also it doesnt line up quite right with the quarter panel. Also the quarter panel and the b-pillar dont line up right also there is no gap between them like on the passanger side.

The passanger side has never been touched.