Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

02 Trans am FRC install problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Trans am FRC install problem

What's up guys I just received my corvette FRC and I'm trying to install the driver side cover and I'm having the hardest time I've been at it for about an hour and a half and nothing! However I gt the passenger side on so that's a plus....I've looked thru about 10 different threads on these things and I still can understand how the driver side cover goes installed???? Something doesn't let I sit in the back, I got the fuel lines thru but it's just not clamping on.... Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-07-2012, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you do any trimming on the back of the cover?
Do you still have AIR/EGR?
What year is your car?
What model number cover do you have?
Is it the single slot cover or the dual slot cover?

FYI, depending on the year of the car, the lower mount clips may NOT line up with the tabs on the coil packs. If they don't & you have the top arches lined up properly with the intake manifold, then simply disregard the lower tab mount points. Simply clip onto the fuel rail up top & just let the lower section rest down where it needs to be. It can't go anywhere, ...
Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something must be hitting your Cover. I put little pieces of tape on every spot I thought could be hitting the underside and then lowered the cover slowly... Then when you pull it up you will lift the tape of the things which hits it.

Simple idea, but may help you.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a clamp that is used for the throttle cable that needs to be moved... I took my cable out and bent it down. Cable is going nowhere so the clamp is just being used to keep the cable from moving around too much I guess.

Quick Reply: 02 Trans am FRC install problem