Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

thanks UPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ship stuff all the time. People need to realize you must pack your items to be thrown around on conveyer belts and falling up to 4 feet numerous times. Had I packed that spoiler it would of had 3 inches of packing on all side with bubble AND peanuts.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im have been an eBay power seller for over 5 years .so I ship more the the average joe. 90% thru ups.
I have submitted 3 claims 2 damaged items and one lost...
Ups ended up covering all 3 claims.
Their is a handful of paper work that has to be done and the process is not that speedy.
Also they all got denied the 1st time around .but you can resubmit the claim more than 1 time if you think it should have been paid.
They all got paid on the 2nd submission .
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trey1010
I ship stuff all the time. People need to realize you must pack your items to be thrown around on conveyer belts and falling up to 4 feet numerous times. Had I packed that spoiler it would of had 3 inches of packing on all side with bubble AND peanuts.
x2 by a million, but w/o the conveyer belt, more of from the people. Must package anything like its glass. I over package anything i sell. takes about 10 mins. for whomever to open it, but you better bet its all there and in once piece.

Only a select few actually do care about their jobs and what they do, that is the problem. And i would say any carrier has their issues, as long as people still do the delivering there will be problems. From a business stand point, they must fix the problem, its their service that was chosen, they provided it and have company insurance just for these issues, other wise they wouldn't have insurance, making it a known and foreseen problem.

but that package does not look very well packaged to begin with.

Best of luck
Old 08-17-2012, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chadroosa
nice vids... i just sat it on the car, had my old one off since monday waiting on it to arrive.. shipper said they might want to come look at the box.. lol...
Have them look at these video's after they look at the box LOL
Old 08-17-2012, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just shipped headlights via UPS. When the buyer got them, there was a giant rip in the side of the box, and the box was left out in the rain. Fortunately, I package everything very well and nothing was lost or damaged.

UPS isn't getting my business, they charge so much too. Haven't had a problem with USPS yet.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

I won't use UPS again either. They failed to senda package sent to me from one of the many stops along the way, their tracking notes on their site stated as much. Eventually it arrived and I challenged them re the guaranteed service that was not provided.

They said it is up to the sender to pursue this issue, so he did. Filled out paperwork, used the evidence of UPS own site and he just got the runaround for 3 weeks. The manager at the outlet was almost impossible to get ahold of, although he gave the impression he would do something, it became obvious this was a stall tactic that worked. I don't blame the party who shipped it, chasing down $60 or so for that much time..

The price of shipping and the obscene brokerage charges to go across the border are another issue. USPS has my vote as most reasonably priced and they got stuff to me FASTER than UPS for half the price! DHL was decent too...

Been burned a few times by UPS, NEVER AGAIN!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Drop it
Hide it
Lose it

FedEx has done me the best, though they also broke my 6LE DE valence. Nice of them. It is fiberglass though so the body guy can fix it, still sucked to get the box practically folded in half. What the heck were they thinking?!

USPS has never damaged anything I shipped but they've lost a few things. Although the most recent thing I bought that shipped USPS they found over a week later in Kentucky and delivered today. The original tracking number is still empty. Get this - it shipped from New Jersey originally, but USPS found it in Kentucky, slapped a different tracking number over the original, and then sent it on where it got delivered today. The heck? First time I've ever seen them change the tracking number like that.

Last edited by SparkyJJO; 08-17-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they called me yesterday and said they are coming on monday to inspect the box... wait to see what happens
Old 08-18-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how bout come and inspect my broken part lol

there is absolutely no way to break that damn spoiler unless a package is mishandled. yaya you can pack them to help and the corners were. the box has to be toss around no matter what. they dont just break sitting the box down like a normal civilized person. not someone who thinks they can make their shitty lousey miserable 8 hour day go faster by throwing packages around in a frenzy. feel bad for ya man i hate broken stuff.

about 9 years ago i bought a high rise spoiler for my 3rd gen off of JEGS. Not kidding you i got 6 broken spoilers in a row and then JEGS just told me they would not do business with me. LOL i was shocked that it was my fault. I couldnt understand why they actually refunded me without asking and just wouldnt ship me one. I had my friend order it for me.. guess what.. first one passed and wasnt broken. It can get irritating.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

I know for a fact that UPS will NOT cover that due to insufficient packaging. I had the exact same thing happen to a fiberglass SS wing a while back and they didn't cover it.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camaro350Z28
how bout come and inspect my broken part lol

there is absolutely no way to break that damn spoiler unless a package is mishandled. yaya you can pack them to help and the corners were. the box has to be toss around no matter what. they dont just break sitting the box down like a normal civilized person. not someone who thinks they can make their shitty lousey miserable 8 hour day go faster by throwing packages around in a frenzy. feel bad for ya man i hate broken stuff.

about 9 years ago i bought a high rise spoiler for my 3rd gen off of JEGS. Not kidding you i got 6 broken spoilers in a row and then JEGS just told me they would not do business with me. LOL i was shocked that it was my fault. I couldnt understand why they actually refunded me without asking and just wouldnt ship me one. I had my friend order it for me.. guess what.. first one passed and wasnt broken. It can get irritating.
holy **** thats crazy... yea most of them prolly dont take any pride in there work...being a big truck mechanic, if i do shawty work it can cause big problems out on the road so i have responsibility for my work.. these ******* dont have any responsibility for any package they deliver.. as long as it lands close to the door..

Originally Posted by JohnnyBz28
I know for a fact that UPS will NOT cover that due to insufficient packaging. I had the exact same thing happen to a fiberglass SS wing a while back and they didn't cover it.
damn i hope not, i will prolly get screwed, as usual.. btw that bastard delivered a package to my house a couple weeks ago wasnt even mine... it was for a local tire store.. so being the nice guy i am i took it down to them... i picked up their slack... but they prolly wont do anything to help out the customer.. the people that make it possible for them to be in business..
Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't use brown when shipping, because brown is the color of poo
Old 08-18-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol nice
Old 08-18-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chadroosa
nice cavalier

but really that sucks about the spoiler i hope that all works out for you. on the bright side you know it looks good
Old 08-19-2012, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol yea its my dd, its been through hell... great car tho!! i was bored one night so i painted it...lol
Old 08-19-2012, 04:30 AM
Teching In

Default All shipping is a risk

Originally Posted by 00FlowCamaro
You have to understand, unless your package is shipped next day air, it is in a semi FULL of packages being delivered to other people. We don't know what's in the boxes for ***** sakes. They get loaded into a semi, unloaded from the semi, then loaded into the individual package cars. **** happens. 90% of the time its the person who packages that causes the broken item or whatever. For example - Fragile glass going through the center with no bubble wrap or anything around the glass, stuff like that. Sure I'd be a little pissed too, but don't be so quick to blame us - the people working for the company. We sweat our asses off getting your stuff to you, sorry for you flawed items, but we work really fast paced and sometimes that's how it is. I've ordered many items through UPS, FedEx, and USPS and have never had a problem with a bad item, but have heard horry stories from every company, so it's not just UPS.
Agreed I bust my *** at ups worldport nightly its usually the shippers
Old 08-19-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** UPS. I shipped a 200 dollar locket to my ex once. I taped the box shut about 50 times over. The package gets there and the locket is gone and in it's place is a rosary. I bitched at them for over 3 hours and they never took responsibility. I filed a claim and whatnot. Never heard from them. Will never use them again.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KiddCamaro1999
just because u guys "bust your ***" doesnt mean that it is quality work...
Old 08-19-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KiddCamaro1999
See the video of the UPS truck driver "loading" the truck.

If you are NOT doing what he does but properly handling the packages, then thank you. If you are tossing them around like he does, then you suck.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
See the video of the UPS truck driver "loading" the truck.

If you are NOT doing what he does but properly handling the packages, then thank you. If you are tossing them around like he does, then you suck.
i agree

Quick Reply: thanks UPS!!!