Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

just headlight lenses????

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default just headlight lenses????

can i buy new plastic lenses for my stock headlights?......i've got ebay dual light HID's now, but i'm getting tired of the look and the material quality kind of sucks....i got them because my stockers were too fogged for repair (at least by me).....i noticed they just clip on from when i did the whistler mod, so is there anyone out there who sells the lenses only?....i'd even take smoked lenses if they had them
Old 08-18-2012, 03:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

naa, you're not gonna find just the lens. When I was dealing with that, I just bought the cheapest set of headlights on ebay, which were halos. they were like 99 shipped i believe. pulled them apart when i got them to use the lens and did the whistler mod
Old 08-18-2012, 04:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
naa, you're not gonna find just the lens. When I was dealing with that, I just bought the cheapest set of headlights on ebay, which were halos. they were like 99 shipped i believe. pulled them apart when i got them to use the lens and did the whistler mod
nice, i might try this.....i figured they wouldn't match up exactly the same....nothing a little clear RTV couldn't fix i guess.......man, that's a product that needs to be developed, replacement headlight lenses.....not just for our cars, i know several people who'd buy them
Old 08-18-2012, 04:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

it'd be a great idea, but too few people (only "car people") would be willing to pop their headlights in the over and pull them apart to do the work lol.

but yeah, the lenses are perfectly interchangeable. the halo lights are exactly the same as the stock lights, they just have a piece of black plastic in there and the halo light
Old 08-18-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the same thing... They leave a larger gap where the bottom of the lens meets the bumper, but they still fit.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can also look into just buying a mint condition headights from a camaro if you are looking to spend around 99$.

Quick Reply: just headlight lenses????