Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Clear Corner Moisture Fix! Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Clear Corner Moisture Fix! Finally!

Everyone has problems with thier clear corners getting water in them, right? Well I did anyway and I finally stopped the water from getting in my lense and fogging it all up. Cost me only .69 cents

Ok heres the deal, I swaped my oranges out for clears and when I took the harness out of the oranges I noticed that only one of the harnesses socket had a rubber seal around the harness that goes in the turn lights. So when you put the light back in the socket it seals tight. Went to dealership to find a part number for it and like usual they had no idea and told me I had to buy the whole harness , yea ok. So I put the lights in and just let the seal on the one side in there. Washed car twice and I had a fish tank lense. The lense without the seal was full of water already . Took the rubber seal out of harness and headed to Menards. Picked up a o-ring about the same size and headed home to try it out. 2 weeks later, wala no more water in my clear corners

So, It worked for me! Very cheap too so if it doesn't work for you, your not out much, but worth a try.

Here's the o-ring info:
1-5/16 X 1-1/8 X 3/32
#64 O-RING
STK NO 35778B

Cost : A wopping .69 cents a piece!

Hope this helps ya all out
Old 04-14-2004, 02:19 AM
Staging Lane

yeah well the white lights are very shitty and not very dependable at all. all i did was buy orange lights and then got silicone and siliconed where both lights were and where there is a hole at the end of the lights to i guess get water out if it gets in, as long as you make sure you get all 3 of those then youll be fine, and once the silicone dries you can switch out the light bulbs and it will seal back up again with no problem
Old 04-14-2004, 09:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Its not the O-ring seal most of the time, its the crappy glue/seal job that is done between the lens and the rear housing. If you want to keep your clears from getting any water in them, always put a nice layer of clear silicone rtv around the entire glued seam between the lens/housing. I did that before installing mine, and have never had any issues with leaks.

Tony
Old 04-14-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great information!
Old 04-14-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

i gave up after all that hard bulp replacement's
Old 04-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

My lenses are actually sealed pretty good. Only the one that didn't have the seal on it leaked. Now since I have put the o-ring in there I have no water probs. I know some people got some crappy clear lenses that leak all over and you pretty much have to silicone them all over to get them to stop.

Quick Reply: Clear Corner Moisture Fix! Finally!