Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Niteshade or AVS??

Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Niteshade or AVS??

Can't decide if I should spend the money for AVS Taillight covers for my TA or should I spray them with niteshade?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

neither, spend about the same as the VHT covers, probably less, and take the lights to an auto body shop and have them spray the lights. They'll mix a little black into some clear and spray that on. hands down the BEST look for tinting your lights.

covers can be okay, but often don't flow all that well. Especially for birds, since they will not sit flush with the center panel, and they completely cover the reverse light (looks better to just black out the reverse light)

VHT looks like **** with the lights on, gives them a purplish tint. and even though it may look smooth when you look at the surface during the day, for some reason a lot of times they seem to look spotty/runny when the lights are on.

my $.02
Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
neither, spend about the same as the VHT covers, probably less, and take the lights to an auto body shop and have them spray the lights. They'll mix a little black into some clear and spray that on. hands down the BEST look for tinting your lights.

my $.02
To do this do I just ask them to *as my friend calls it* "murdered" or is there something special I need to ask for lol
Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Just ask them if they can tint the lights for you. If the shop doesn't know what you mean, that's probably not the shop you want to do the job. If the shop knows about it and is familiar, you should be able to talk to them and decide how dark you want to go.

Murdered would (generally speaking) be completely blacked out. But depending on what you want they should be able to go as light/dark as you choose
Old 02-21-2013, 03:41 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what im doing with mine,im redding out the yellow in the tails,then i having them painted but not the total blacked out look,just to have a good tint to them,imo i dont like total blacked out tails,
Old 02-21-2013, 04:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Might as well just pick up some lt1 lights if you're gonna get rid of the amber.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You can get blackout tail light covers from AutoZone. They aren't on the shelf. Walk up the the counter and order them. They'll come in in about 3 days (no shipping charge for in-store pickup). The price is usually between $45 - $55. I've bought two sets that way.

Here is what they look like on my black 2001 Formula when they were still installed:

I removed the "AVS" logo with 3M FinesseIt-II fine-cut rubbing compound.

AVS = AutoVentShade
Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VIP1
You can get blackout tail light covers from AutoZone. They aren't on the shelf. Walk up the the counter and order them. They'll come in in about 3 days (no shipping charge for in-store pickup). The price is usually between $45 - $55. I've bought two sets that way.

Here is what they look like on my black 2001 Formula when they were still installed:

I removed the "AVS" logo with 3M FinesseIt-II fine-cut rubbing compound.

AVS = AutoVentShade
I would Luke to do the shades just to see if I'm going to like it.. I don't want to spend 50+ on a paint job for them then turn around if I dint like it spend 80+ for new tail lights
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dont ruin a set of ls tails, buy some lt tail lights and spray them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Niteshade or AVS??