Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TBSS Shift handle and boot installed..

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TBSS Shift handle and boot installed..

I managed to snag a TBSS handle and boot off of a member here who was parting a truck out. I have seen this mod done a few times, but not with a shortened stick(1.25") and utilizing the boot.

This took me all of 35 mins and that was mostly in the dark, thanks crappy fluorescent lights in my garage. I only got one good pic, but I will grab some more if anybody wants them.

Oh and when you are fitting the handle on, make sure not to jam it down too far... otherwise the key wont come out of the ignition because it thinks that youre not in Park all of the way.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by blackpala96
Oh and when you are fitting the handle on, make sure not to jam it down too far... otherwise the key wont come out of the ignition because it thinks that youre not in Park all of the way.
I think you only had that problem because you shortened your stick. As far as I can tell, mine is mounted as low as it could go without issue, but I still have the full-length stick. I too have a leather shift boot. But its not the one that it came with. I already had a leather shift boot that I had previously installed, so I just left it there.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Launching!

I think when I shortened my stick, I didnt cut the white plunger as far as I should have to accommodate for the new shorter metal stick. It works now that I adjusted everything, and I couldnt love it more.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Looks pretty good!

Quick Reply: TBSS Shift handle and boot installed..