Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

berger panel opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go black with some red CAMARO lettering inserts if you had to choose. Otherwise, I would leave it red and still add some inserts whether they be black or chrome. Either way, it's what you like the best. No ones judgement really matters.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:46 AM
TECH Addict

Remember guys, the semi gloss or non glossy rear panel is heritage from the old first gen. Camaros. This wasn't new to the 4th gens.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

id go with gloss black and grey letters
Old 03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did mine in flat black about 7 or 8 months ago. The thing I found is that the flat black seems to lighten over time, and almost begins to look dark grey. Also, I couldn't get the paint thick enough in some places, so it was starting to wear off. So, I just dropped it off at local body shop, where it's being re-done in gloss black for $75.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Gloss black, its good to see some pictures of camaros done with this mod i have been thinking about painting mine. Where is a good place to get those inserts?
Old 03-22-2013, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I debated mine for months. I finally went with gloss black with the stainless inserts from Emblempros. It definitely changed the look and attitude of my car. I really should get those Z28 badges on there soon. Just debating whether I should put the stainless bow tie on it or leave it red.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Although I'll probably get flamed for saying this...

I HATE the "berger panel mod" on 4th gens. It looks like someone bought a replacement panel at the junkyard and rattlecanned it black. It doesn't flow and looks like ***. Also, FYI- Girls see it and all they think is, "EWW, what a hooptie, the colors don't even match" or something similar.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I HATE the "berger panel mod" on 4th gens. It looks like someone bought a replacement panel at the junkyard and rattlecanned it black. It doesn't flow and looks like ***. Also, FYI- Girls see it and all they think is, "EWW, what a hooptie, the colors don't even match" or something similar.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by roninsonic

Alright, since you invited the flame job, here you go:

The OP was not asking for your opinion about whether or not a Berger panel looks like "***". He only wanted ideas about the type of black to use, so your pointless rant is most definitely not welcome.

Also, most of us don't need our cars to get laid, so worrying about whether or not a black body panel will turn off girls is a pretty sad reflection of YOUR life.

Note that I did not criticize your opinion about disliking the concept of the Berger panel. You are entitled to your opinion, whether anyone agrees or not, as we can all do what we want with our cars.

My issue is that you pissed on someone else's thread with an unwelcomed rant.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Alright, since you invited the flame job, here you go:

The OP was not asking for your opinion about whether or not a Berger panel looks like "***". He only wanted ideas about the type of black to use, so your pointless rant is most definitely not welcome.

Also, most of us don't need our cars to get laid, so worrying about whether or not a black body panel will turn off girls is a pretty sad reflection of YOUR life.

Note that I did not criticize your opinion about disliking the concept of the Berger panel. You are entitled to your opinion, whether anyone agrees or not, as we can all do what we want with our cars.

My issue is that you pissed on someone else's thread with an unwelcomed rant.
He asked for an opinion, I gave one. Notice HE LISTED RED AS ONE OF THE OPTIONS (kind of funny, I didn't know RED WAS A KIND OF BLACK)- Well, it's pretty obvious from my post, that would be my pick, hands down.

As far as making inferences about my personal life?
1) I couldn't care less what you think
2) Go play in traffic

I used that as a tongue in cheek example of what pretty much EVERYONE not on TECH (and some that are) thinks about the Berger panel FAD. If you didn't catch that, you're either a window licker or mommy and daddy didn't love you enough as a child. ALSO, FYI- THAT was a rant.

OP, at the end of the day, it's your car, do what makes you happy... I was just pointing out what 99.9% of the population will think about a black Berger panel.

If you want do some sort of berger panel mod... smooth out the Camaro letters and wrap it in red-dyed kevlar weave carbon fiber, then throw a few layers of clear on it. THAT would look pretty sick, and THAT hasn't been done before.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

IMO the berger is a great way to add some throw back to old school Camaros and break up the boringness of the back end.

Stock 4th gens are very bland looking cars. Little touches make them "pop"
Old 03-23-2013, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Stock 4th gens are very bland looking cars. Little touches make them "pop"
That is exactly my thought. I have a silver 02 camaro, and just the plain silver all the way around doesnt look right. Im going to get a sunoco cowl hood and paint the sides of the cowl in semi-gloss black paint, then to follow the scheme to the back of the car, im going to paint my berger panel in semi-gloss black as well. I think the semi gloss berger makes it look more like a mean muscle car. Just my .02 cents
Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPin1094
That is exactly my thought. I have a silver 02 camaro, and just the plain silver all the way around doesnt look right. Im going to get a sunoco cowl hood and paint the sides of the cowl in semi-gloss black paint, then to follow the scheme to the back of the car, im going to paint my berger panel in semi-gloss black as well. I think the semi gloss berger makes it look more like a mean muscle car. Just my .02 cents
Yep that will look great. I have gloss black hood scoop to match my gloss black berger panel
Old 03-24-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
Yep that will look great. I have gloss black hood scoop to match my gloss black berger panel
Thanks man, in a couple weeks when i get around to doing it ill have some pictures up.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

He asked for an opinion, I gave one. Notice HE LISTED RED AS ONE OF THE OPTIONS (kind of funny, I didn't know RED WAS A KIND OF BLACK)- Well, it's pretty obvious from my post, that would be my pick, hands down.

As far as making inferences about my personal life?
1) I couldn't care less what you think
2) Go play in traffic

I used that as a tongue in cheek example of what pretty much EVERYONE not on TECH (and some that are) thinks about the Berger panel FAD. If you didn't catch that, you're either a window licker or mommy and daddy didn't love you enough as a child. ALSO, FYI- THAT was a rant.
Thanks for proving my point, little man. You knew you were gonna get flamed, you got flamed, and now that it's happened, you're name calling like a little bitch.

And if you think that the Berger panel is a fad (it dates back to the first-gen cars), then you're even more ignorant than your first post made you out to be.

I was a young once, but I hope I wasn't nearly as stupid as you appear to be, but the level of your insults gives me comfort that I wasn't that bad.

OP, at the end of the day, it's your car, do what makes you happy... I was just pointing out what 99.9% of the population will think about a black Berger panel.

If you want do some sort of berger panel mod... smooth out the Camaro letters and wrap it in red-dyed kevlar weave carbon fiber, then throw a few layers of clear on it. THAT would look pretty sick, and THAT hasn't been done before.
You speak for 99% of the population...LOL! Exhale, my man, before you pass out.

Still, we do seem to agree on this last point, as I indicated that very same thing in my response.

In the end, the OP will do what he wants, regardless of your stupidity, so that's all that really matters.

I'm done in this thread, so I won't have to look at your infantile responses.

Last edited by LS1 Racing; 03-25-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carbon fiber all day.

Quick Reply: berger panel opinion