Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Bolt-in shorty antenna SOLUTION for Firebird/Formula/TransAm owners.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisSingh90
Talk about back from the dead!

I have the 10425535 bracket and BitViper antenna in a box somewhere in my garage, I had the antenna completely deleted last time my car was in the body shop.

I'll take a look for it today, if I find it, I'll definitely sell it for anyone who's interested. Sucks to see they discontinued this part.

Chris,
im definitely interested
Old 07-08-2017, 07:30 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Right now, I just pulled up the factory antenna, and it stays up. Reception is better, but aesthetics aren't great.... lol. At least I can listen to the fm radio again. I'll fix it in time.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

went to my local LKQ junk yard and found a bracket off a 98+ Camaro convertible. The part number is 10425534. Looks similar to the bracket the OP has/had. I emailed Hawks and they wanted $45 for that bracket. Gonna get an antenna and install in a couple days. Will update if different
Old 09-30-2017, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish I could see the images you are talking about. My power antenna no longer extends fully but I have the option to replace it. I know those antennas are a signature of 1990's "wow" features on cars, but I still like to hear that motor kick on to raise it up whenever I turn on my radio. Sadly, there are not many songs I care to listen to in this decade and the foreseeable future.

Even though I plan to upgrade the headunit to use an i-pod/i-phone plug in for a music playlist, I do need access to the radio if I ever need news or traffic and weather updates, as well as to sample the sound of new music.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered the part from RoyalOaks Chevy they just canceled it because it's not in stock. No sorry email or anything. just an email saying it's cancelled.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bringing this thread back from the dead (again). Has anyone done this mod recently to their TA? Where can I get this bracket?
Old 07-11-2020, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gottahavels1
Bringing this thread back from the dead (again). Has anyone done this mod recently to their TA? Where can I get this bracket?

Just did this mod with a 1.5" stubby antenna I found on Amazon. I bought the bracket from Hawks Motorsports. I'll have pictures tomorrow of the completed project. I can't speak to the reception quality, as I haven't driven around enough with the radio on to determine how good the quality is.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ARSENAL670
Just did this mod with a 1.5" stubby antenna I found on Amazon. I bought the bracket from Hawks Motorsports. I'll have pictures tomorrow of the completed project. I can't speak to the reception quality, as I haven't driven around enough with the radio on to determine how good the quality is.
do you have a link to the bracket on hawks website? I can’t seem to find it. Looking forward to pix!
Old 07-12-2020, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a link to the bracket on hawks website? I can’t seem to find it. Looking forward to pix!
Unfortunately, no direct link for that. I had to call and explain what I needed for what I was doing.

finished product:

Uploaded these from my phone, so I guess that’s why they are sideways. The process outlined earlier is the same. I confirmed radio reception is actually decent, even though I won’t really use terrestrial radio (I’m a satellite guy), but I wanted it to work. Ideally, I’d like for there to be NO antenna (a member here shaved his), but I don’t feel like touching the paint. It’s basically still new, with 19k miles.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:44 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I have SiriusXM so I don't listen to FM. I keep my antenna down on my Firebird.
Even on my Mustang, I removed the shorty antenna it comes with and made a screw on cap.

Old 07-13-2020, 06:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by C598LS1
Unfortunately, no direct link for that. I had to call and explain what I needed for what I was doing.

finished product:

Uploaded these from my phone, so I guess that’s why they are sideways. The process outlined earlier is the same. I confirmed radio reception is actually decent, even though I won’t really use terrestrial radio (I’m a satellite guy), but I wanted it to work. Ideally, I’d like for there to be NO antenna (a member here shaved his), but I don’t feel like touching the paint. It’s basically still new, with 19k miles.
Nice. Looks good! So what did you tell Hawks? That you need the Camaro bracket for a shorty antenna on your TA? Is that what you received and installed? What did you pay for it?
The following users liked this post:
ARSENAL670 (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice. Looks good! So what did you tell Hawks? That you need the Camaro bracket for a shorty antenna on your TA? Is that what you received and installed? What did you pay for it?
So basically, I called and originally asked for a 93-97 Trans Am fixed antenna bracket (I gave them the discontinued part number that is mentioned in this thread). I spoke to Ryan on the phone in sales, basically telling him my year make a model, and what my intentions were. Don't know if it matters, but he told me we can just take a bracket from a 98-02 model year vehicle (same part #) and all I have to do is swap it out as per the instructions in this thread. Yes, you have to drill the bracket that is in the wheel well inside the car, yes you have to be careful and measure, no I didn't take pictures of that portion of it, because it's exactly the same as what is already here in this thread. Cost was not cheap - $75 + shipping. You get the mast and the original 3 foot antenna which I wouldn't use anyway, but they only sell it together. Like I said, not cheap, but you can then turn around and sell your motorized antenna if it still works and is in good condition, as they could fetch a pretty penny and are in demand.
The following users liked this post:
Gottahavels1 (07-13-2020)

Quick Reply: Bolt-in shorty antenna SOLUTION for Firebird/Formula/TransAm owners.