Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Alcantara vs a specific suede

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alcantara vs a specific suede

Hey guys, while im getting the T56 swap ramped up I want to get some idea’s and opinions on interior mods. I’ve been really digging the black alantara (brand of European suede) on the Gallardo’s, Murcielago SV’s, AMG’s, Bentley’s, and new ZL1 & Z28 Camaro's. I know expensive cars means expensive parts, but the material is supposedly not much different than Micro-Suede. My car is a 93 Camaro and wanted to know if anyone has done a suede (black) project their 4th gens. Im seriously considering covering the dash pad, radio bracket, glove box, and a few other things.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That could be a really cool project. I know there's a company called DSV Customs that does a lot of dash-wrapping on the 5thgens. It looks awesome on every car, but it isn't cheap.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I have worked with the Alcantara brand name. There is a difference, its softer and stretchier imo as compared to other high grade OEM microsuedes. It also comes in 2 thicknesses, a thicker version for seating and a thinner version for panel covering. Compared to the stuff you get at the local fabric store though, the difference is quite substantial. Alcantara is pretty expensive but in the grand scheme not ridiculous @ $104 per yard. Oh and the color your most seeing in the newer cars you mentioned is #9002 dark charcoal, not black. Its a color like the 00-02 Ebony color in the f-cars.

Quick Reply: Alcantara vs a specific suede