Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

front headlights camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front headlights camaro

Hey guys i own a 1999 Chevy camaro ss and i have the stock headlights on the car. I want to change them with the smoked out look halo i went on eBay and found a pair but do not know what is a good make for the headlights and do not want to waste my money on stuff that will leak thanks
Old 01-12-2014, 01:17 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Depends on the look you are going for. Do you want better output with projectors or "whistler"-style stock units?

Since you said halo, I'm guessing projectors. Most ebay aftermarket housings aren't that great. The Sonar ones are the better of what is available there, but you can do better elsewhere.

If you want better output to go with the appearance, check out BLS (Blackbird Lighting Solutions). They are a sponsor. They have some options available and can do custom work.

Either way, avoid smoked lenses since they lower output.

Check out the Lighting FAQ for more info:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html
And the forums at HID Planet:
http://www.hidplanet.com
Old 01-12-2014, 05:55 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

best looking headlights are the depo headlights or if you want projectors bls, most just do the depo whistler ones with a hid kit, not as good as the bls setup but thats what i did and have no complaints, imo ebay halos look very cheap and very ricer
Old 01-12-2014, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for giving me this information.. i want more of a whistler look i would do the whistler mod to my stock headlights myself i just think they aren't going to come out good and want to keep the stock headlights
Old 01-17-2014, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for best light output retrofit your own. those ebay lights arent all good, you dont know whats good until you see the real thing. imho best black lights are factory with whistler mod. if your lights are in a good condition go ahead and order 2 hid projectors or just whistler them. you wont regret it. check my hids retro fit it should give you an idea.

Quick Reply: front headlights camaro