Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need help real quick with a superhawk hood

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help real quick with a superhawk hood

As the title says I need some help. I recently found a hood for sale on craigslist. It was listed as a ws9 hood. However when the guy sent me a picture of the hood, It looks to me to be a real superhawk hood. The shape, and since its in black gel coat leads me to believe this. Is there anyway to tell? Markings? Numbers? I don't want it if its ebay junk. I searched and came to the conclusion that the ebay junk comes in white gel coat. From the pic he sent me it looks like it fits real well. Did I strike gold? Im going to see/ get the hood soon so
the sooner the better. Thanks!

Old 01-17-2014, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Def superhawk and looks to fit well.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Thats what I wanted to hear! I'm glad I was up late with nothing to do looking through craiglist ads. Just needed someone to confirm it because I wasn't 100%. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

Looks great. I'm going to pull the trigger soon on one. How is the finish on it. My TA is black ... wonder if I have to paint it?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Late post on this, but it did turn out to be a real superhawk hood. I ended up picking it up for 400 bucks. I test fitted it on my car and even though I did not get it perfect I can tell it is going to line up great. Ill be getting it painted as soon as the weather gets nicer out here in Chicago.Very excited to see it on the car with my summer tires/rims and My new BMR springs! And TA Freak my Formula is black too and the gel coat blends pretty well but I am a detail freak so it has to be painted for me.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TA_Freak
Looks great. I'm going to pull the trigger soon on one. How is the finish on it. My TA is black ... wonder if I have to paint it?
Only way I wouldn't paint it was if the funds were a little too tight, leaving it gel coat would give it an unfinished look, and it would be noticeable on a Black car.

Quick Reply: Need help real quick with a superhawk hood