Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Billet front grill + licence plate ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Billet front grill + licence plate ?

Ok I really like the look of the billet front grill since I had a look at it in Las Vegas Thing is I don't know how to mount a licence plate on it since I got to run one around here. I just got chrome rims and I really think this would compliment them the most. I looked at the bracket from slp http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...&SHOWEMAIL=Off

I never saw a picture of a billet grill with this thing on or a licence plate hanging in front of it. So please post one if you got one !!!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fishv12
Ok I really like the look of the billet front grill since I had a look at it in Las Vegas Thing is I don't know how to mount a licence plate on it since I got to run one around here... I looked at the bracket from slp http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...&SHOWEMAIL=Off

I never saw a picture of a billet grill with this thing on or a licence plate hanging in front of it. So please post one if you got one !!!
I trimmed the plate down a bit to fit it into a smaller frame. I also modified the SLP bracket:

Old 05-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Launching!

So this pic is with the SLP bracket on ? If I wasn't going to trim it would the plate be sitting around the same area with the bracket ?
What options for grill manufacturers do I have ? I would like something chrome or highly polished to go with my Z06 chromies

Originally Posted by Black Z/28
I trimmed the plate down a bit to fit it into a smaller frame. I also modified the SLP bracket:

Old 05-27-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i too, have/had this problem. i have the SSRA so i could not get the slp bracket that goes underneat. i bit the bullet and put the front plate on. then i got the billet grill and was like there is no way i am putting a front plate over it, so i went "under it"

here you go

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gav...&.dnm=6be6.jpg

here it is from the side, you really cannot see it

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gav...&.dnm=9c14.jpg
Old 05-27-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

So this pic is with the SLP bracket on ? If I wasn't going to trim it would the plate be sitting around the same area with the bracket ?
What options for grill manufacturers do I have ? I would like something chrome or highly polished to go with my Z06 chromies
Yeah I think the plate will hang in about the same place with unmodified SLP bracket.
I got my grill from Stull Industries. I've only seen black & polished.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black Z/28
Yeah I think the plate will hang in about the same place with unmodified SLP bracket.
I got my grill from Stull Industries. I've only seen black & polished.
Where does the bracket bolt on ? Under the car ? Or it goes where the grill goes ? Just a bit messed up

Also very nice chrome decals over the z28 part I like them. Chrome tips are also on my list. Where did you get those decals and tips lol?

I don't know what cops would say if they couldn't see my plate from the side. I really like the look especially on your purple car but we have **** cops.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Put it on the air dam, a plate on a grill like that doesn't look good at all......accept the 25 dollar tickets
Old 05-27-2004, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
Put it on the air dam, a plate on a grill like that doesn't look good at all......accept the 25 dollar tickets
$25 dollars?,hell up here its $79,anyways with those brackets sticking the plate out it looks like a damn snow plow on the front of it
Old 05-27-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where does the bracket bolt on ? Under the car ? Or it goes where the grill goes ? Just a bit messed up ...
You have to drill 3 holes underneath. The bracket then wraps up around to the front.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

...Also very nice chrome decals over the z28 part I like them. Chrome tips are also on my list. Where did you get those decals and tips lol?...
Oh, the badges have overlays on them with several layers of acrylic to seal them on. Sorry, I don't remember where I got them.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gavspurplez
i too, have/had this problem. i have the SSRA so i could not get the slp bracket that goes underneat. i bit the bullet and put the front plate on. then i got the billet grill and was like there is no way i am putting a front plate over it, so i went "under it"

here you go

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gav...&.dnm=6be6.jpg

here it is from the side, you really cannot see it

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gav...&.dnm=9c14.jpg
You would probably still get a ticket for that. You have "obstructed" the view of the front license plate. At least here in Texas, that would be the excuse to be pulled over.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well that will have to do, i should not have put it on there at all.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Front license plates are for old ladies. Most cops could care less, but of course you have those large ego give out tickets every second pigs that look for that ****... Out in california ive never had one mention it on any of my cars.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

xtincthawk02 isnt kiding, here in tx cops are bad for front plate tickets.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jruss
xtincthawk02 isnt kiding, here in tx cops are bad for front plate tickets.
Here in Ottawa Canada it isn't too bad since we are not allowed window tinting and everyone does it anyways and the cops only say a word if you get a speeding ticket and they want to be **** or something. Other then that you can run limo black all the way around and it's all good. But for the plate I think they might take it more seriously and maybe not either just not sure for that part. In my 3 years of driving now (officially 23 years old and paying 250$ a month insurance @#%^&) I have 0 nothing exept a parking ticket. I find this really good but still the insurance is ****.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:44 AM
Launching!

gavspurplez where did you get your grill and is this the polished version. I want the exact same thing since I might just as well try my luck up here with the licence plate. I notice on different manufacturers altough that they don't have the same design and might not let the plate appear clearly as yours.

The Stull option is really nice but the price is something different. Ebay as really nice ones for 69$ is their anything wrong with those?
Old 05-29-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i do not know if there is anything wrong with the ones on ebay

i bought mine from www.supersportperformance.com
it was 130.09 shipped. yeah it is the polished one
Old 05-30-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ineedtorque
Front license plates are for old ladies. Most cops could care less, but of course you have those large ego give out tickets every second pigs that look for that ****... Out in california ive never had one mention it on any of my cars.

agree agree! Screw the front plate! I refuse!

Quick Reply: Billet front grill + licence plate ?