Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Redline Goods Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In order to quiet the interior, I installed sound deadening on every metal surface in the interior of the car. I used FatMat, which you can get on Amazon, to cover most of the interior. I used FatMat since it was way less expensive that Dynamat. I used about 250 sq feet of FatMat. I ran out of FatMat, so i ran to Best Buy and got 2 "door kits" to do the doors. I put the FatMat on the inside of the exterior door skin and the Dynamat on the interior of the door. After years of listening to my loud exhaust and not being able to carry on a conversation, I was looking for a quieter interior. I originally had a thinner carpet when I originally purchased my interior the first time, but I just did not like the quality, so I ended up purchasing a higher quality carpet with the mass backing, which should also help in quieting things down.
Attached Thumbnails My Redline Goods Interior-img_5609.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_5611.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_5612.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_5613.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_5727.jpg  

My Redline Goods Interior-img_5729.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_5730.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_5796.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_5797.jpg  
Old 12-31-2015, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn nice work done by Redline!
Old 12-31-2015, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy Crap! Nice work. Your going to have the best interior of all.

My favorite part of your project is the wrapped center console. I should call redline and get mine wrapped too.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats gonna be great when finished. I have 3 boxes of Dynamat sitting in my garage just waiting for the temp to be warmer so that I can install it.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Your car is going to smell amazing inside ....and feel like a vault. Can't wait to see the installed pics. Everything looks fantastic.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Your car is going to smell amazing inside ....and feel like a vault. Can't wait to see the installed pics. Everything looks fantastic.
I didn't even think about that. That leather smell is amazing
Old 12-31-2015, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow... You really went all in on this one.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98RaptorTA
Here is my leather-wrapped center console:

Any chance post some pictures on the inside of the console?
Old 01-01-2016, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Here you go. I do have to do some things to the console when I get ready to install it. The two holes that are above the aux power port are for the controls for the heated seats I installed in the driver and passenger seats. That is just one of the interior upgrades to help modernize the interior. Also, the rubber around the base of where the E-brake goes through will be replaced by the Redline E-brake boot.
Attached Thumbnails My Redline Goods Interior-img_9766.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9767.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9768.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9770.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9771.jpg  

My Redline Goods Interior-img_9773.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9775.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9776.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9777.jpg  
Old 01-01-2016, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Dang, coming from a sorta interior background long ago, thats a ton of time and attention to detail.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the extra picture - looks great.

I know the leather is wrapped, but is the leather glued down to the plastic too?
Old 01-01-2016, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Yes, they used some sort of contact cement for interior to ensure that it stays flat. So it is not made to be removed. The leather is now part of the console!
Old 01-01-2016, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Here is what a Redline wrapped steering wheel looks like. Now, this is not the one that is going in my car, mine will be two-tone with charcoal and the medium gray like the drawing. I changed my mind and decided to go two-tone. I tried to get pics of the stitching you would have to do, or you would have to send your wheel to one of Redline's installers stateside. I am also considering trying to wrap the rest of the wheel...the areas around the steering wheel radio controls...have not decided yet.
Attached Thumbnails My Redline Goods Interior-img_9783.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9784.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9785.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9786.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-img_9787.jpg  

My Redline Goods Interior-twotonewheel.jpg  
Old 01-01-2016, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I was always planning to have them redo my OEM wheel with wrap but just having the grip wrapped and leaving the center that cheap OEM texture and material never sat well with me so I went aftermarket and ditched the airbag.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
I was always planning to have them redo my OEM wheel with wrap but just having the grip wrapped and leaving the center that cheap OEM texture and material never sat well with me so I went aftermarket and ditched the airbag.
I get what your saying. While a moot point for you now, One idea to majorly up the looks of the center of the wheel( radio control buttons too) and match the finish of the leather is spray with a soft touch clearcoat. It has a matte finish, is super soft and resistant to scratches or marring.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

So my question is, including shipping what do you have into this project so far? And how much was it to ship all that stuff to Poland?
Old 01-02-2016, 01:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
So my question is, including shipping what do you have into this project so far? And how much was it to ship all that stuff to Poland?
Couple G's I bet?
Old 01-02-2016, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Shipping was not actually that bad. Depends on the size of your box, the weight and how fast you want to get it there. I went through USPS priority mail international. It is more expensive, but your package gets there within a week. I paid $40 to $140 for shipping. When I was looking to send ALL of my interior panels, including the top of the dash panel..the size of the box would have had to go freight, and would have cost $3K to $4K to ship. That was just too crazy. If sending anything over seas, make sure it is packed really well in the smallest size box that protects.

Lets just say I have more than A LOT of hondos invested.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Can you explain the process of wrapping the center console? Any stitching involved or what? Looks good and would be a nice addition to the pieces I already have.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mac62989
Can you explain the process of wrapping the center console? Any stitching involved or what? Looks good and would be a nice addition to the pieces I already have.
There is a lot of stitching involved as there is no may to "wrap" the entire console with one piece of leather. Redline had the console, and all of my other parts for about 10 months. This was due to the fact that a lot of prototyping was involved and I was in no rush for the pieces because I had a lot of other things to do with the car and it had to get painted. They basically worked on it in between other work. Their main goal for all the parts was to not only make the leather covered pieces look nice, but also easy enough to install for just about anyone. This is to save everyone money on shipping charges both ways. The console does not fit into the "easy to install" portion. If you look at the pictures, you will see where the leather panels were stitched together, mostly where there are hard or odd angles. It still amazes me what they did. So because of the difficulty and time required, this will not be a normal offering that will be on their website. You will have to contact them directly for instructions and cost. If you do end up sending the console to Redline Goods, I have two recommendations: 1. Pack and send the console in the smallest box you can..shipping charges go up fast the larger the box, you need to keep it below the USPS international box size formula. 2. Pack the console very well to prevent damage. I made a foam cutout to protect the front attachment lungs on the console.

One thing to remember if anyone is thinking of sending your console to Redline. My console was a 6-speed, so if you have an auto, you may have to pay just a tad more for them to make the patterns. It should be pretty close, though. Also, just to remind anyone that looks at the pictures, I added to holes above the aux port for my seat heaters that will not be there.

If anyone has any more questions, just let me know.

Quick Reply: My Redline Goods Interior