Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

hardtop to t-top conversion been done to a B4C

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hardtop to t-top conversion been done to a B4C

I have a 2002 B4C Police Interceptor Camaro. I've had my car about a year now and it never occurred to me that you could convert the hardtop to a t-top. Also, for about a year now, I have had a t-top car sitting in my backyard and would be a perfect donor car for the locks and seals. Too bad I ignorantly sold the t-tops long ago.

I know that all the B4C cars were all hardtops. Has anyone heard of one that has been converted over to t-top? Doesn't look like it would be too hard to do it. Looks like all I would need to get is another set of t-tops and a t-top headliner. Oh and by the way, the parts car is black and my 02 B4C is black... Hard not to do it...
Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I just want to say I have nothing against what your trying to do, but if you really like the idea of T-tops, why not just get a t-top car? The hardtop cars were produced in fewer numbers and to me should stay a hardtop.

Again not putting you down because I give you credit for wanting to take on a project like that. I just hate to see a hardtop cut up for a t-top conversion when there are so many available.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...onversion.html

The other tutorial had all the pictures removed.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CamaroNY
First I just want to say I have nothing against what your trying to do, but if you really like the idea of T-tops, why not just get a t-top car? The hardtop cars were produced in fewer numbers and to me should stay a hardtop.

Again not putting you down because I give you credit for wanting to take on a project like that. I just hate to see a hardtop cut up for a t-top conversion when there are so many available.
Well, around here, LS1 6 speed f-body cars are pretty expensive for the most part. Especially considering what I paid for mine, I'd rather spend the money in mods to mine that spend the extra on a t-top. Plus, I already have a t-top car that I can use for some of the parts. Only parts I would have to get are another set of t-tops and a headliner. Plus, my hardtop is having that issue with holes popping up under the paint.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smg267
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...onversion.html

The other tutorial had all the pictures removed.
Thanks for the link, I'll save it for reference when I go to start mine. I read your mods in your signature. Do you have a build thread of your car?
Old 04-27-2016, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JadXtreme
Well, around here, LS1 6 speed f-body cars are pretty expensive for the most part. Especially considering what I paid for mine, I'd rather spend the money in mods to mine that spend the extra on a t-top. Plus, I already have a t-top car that I can use for some of the parts. Only parts I would have to get are another set of t-tops and a headliner. Plus, my hardtop is having that issue with holes popping up under the paint.
Add a sail panel to your list of costs, unless your parts car is 93-97 and you're able to salvage it without destroying it on removal of the car.

As a former B4C owner, I hate you for considering doing this to a B4C (even if they're not "valuable"). But I love my T-tops, so I kind of get it lol!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JadXtreme
Thanks for the link, I'll save it for reference when I go to start mine. I read your mods in your signature. Do you have a build thread of your car?
mod list is a joke.

Fast 90/90, PRC 2.5's, 228/230, Standalone Nitrous, Kooks. SLP dual / dual, 5th Gen Brembos, Koni / Strano.

Quick Reply: hardtop to t-top conversion been done to a B4C