Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Best Floor Mats...ever?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 07:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh I absolutely agree.
I was just thinking of the person who posted this add didn't not get a chance to respond.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:57 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

To be fair, they copy/pasted this same exact post in 6 different sections of this site, and has only responded once or twice. I have a feeling they have quite a few of these threads, on multiple sites right now.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts

There are people concerned enough to make a stink about 500$ floor mats,,,,, really? Educated consumer? Pay 500$ for floor mats and you will be a consumer alright,, and I guarantee it's not an educated one***
Old 05-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone!

We apologize for not replying to everyone's posts. We have been extremely busy with finalizing and submitting our KickStarter Campaign. It has been submitted and will launch as soon as the KickStarter Team has reviewed it!

As to prices, make sure to order as soon as we launch so you can take advantage of the early bird prices starting at $280.

Something also to consider, our AutoPreme mats are not for everyone, they are for the car enthusiasts who:

-Are pursuing a unique taste and a higher standard of elegance in their car lives
-Are tired of the uniform look all floor mats share (something that has never been changed)
-Actually care about protecting their cars rather than protecting only certain parts
-And finally those who want to protect the car’s resell value when it’s time for a change.

Lastly, we encourage everyone to sign up for our email list so that they are notified about the exact time and day we will launch. This is the best way to increase your chances of ordering with an early bird deal!

http://bit.ly/1SYjDTR

Again, we apologize for not being as active, we will do our best to continue to reply to everyone on LS1Tech!
Old 05-18-2016, 11:44 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

The problem is, noone is going to pay $280, even if it's hugely discounted from the regular price, for an item, that they can only see generic images of for other cars...

Now if you were to get a set into the hands of someone on this site, who's been here for a long time, and is active, and he were to post pictures of them in his car, possibly a pewter Trans Am... you might drum up more business.

Let me know if you want to talk to that person, and I can make it happen.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

But BRAVO SIR for trying!
Old 05-18-2016, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have to agree with the Alchemist. (and pretty much everyone else).

If these floor mats are as good as you say, and look that good, then I wouldn't mind paying a $280 price tag (hell no am I dropping 500 though) on an appearance mod. However I'm going to have to see actual pictures of the product, in an actual F-body car to even consider giving you my money. Hopefully enough people posting this will incentivize you and your company into producing a prototype for us to look at. There are plenty of members on here who would be glad to post pictures and a review.

If pewter T/A's aren't your thing, I know of a black Camaro that likes to try on new things every once in a while
Old 05-19-2016, 12:11 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Autopreme, So instead of actually addressing anyone's concern's you copy-and-pasted more marketing-speak that just reads "trust us, give us money" (I was going to write "buy our stuff", but you don't have anything to buy yet - not even sample pictures for this application).

That's missing the mark entirely.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I highly doubt they will make a mold to sell a guranteed 2? sets of mats.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No working capitol for the prototypes/production so generic images and kickstarter for all! Kinda reminds me of a sponsor on here.....beg for money and deliver 6 months later lacking any real quality.....
Old 05-19-2016, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
No working capitol for the prototypes/production so generic images and kickstarter for all! Kinda reminds me of a sponsor on here.....beg for money and deliver 6 months later lacking any real quality.....
I think I know exactly who too......
Old 05-19-2016, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed with Alchamist in everything about the way they're handelibg this thread. Very canned response that was only altered with the very last word "ls1tech." No way I'd drop any money without knowing at all what I'll be getting as the end result.

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
There are people concerned enough to make a stink about 500$ floor mats,,,,, really? Educated consumer? Pay 500$ for floor mats and you will be a consumer alright,, and I guarantee it's not an educated one***
Money is relative. $500 may seem expensive to one guy, but to the next it's nothing. There's a reason some here buy replica corvette wheels while others have forgeline, ccw, etc.. And it's usually not because people think c6 wheels look better than CCW classics...
Old 05-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

We realize your concerns and wish we could post pictures with our mats in all car models, however being a fairly new company we do not have them. We launched late 2015 and tested out our products for about a month and only received a handful of customer photos, but not from every car brand.

We could send out a set to a user on LS1Tech, but even then only one car model would have pictures. We are hoping to get orders from every car brand and model so that in the future we can provide potential customers with REAL pictures.

As to the KickStarter, we will be officially launching this upcoming Tuesday May 24th at 8am PDT.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by autopreme
We could send out a set to a user on LS1Tech, but even then only one car model would have pictures. We are hoping to get orders from every car brand and model so that in the future we can provide potential customers with REAL pictures.
FWIW, all 93-2002 Camaros and Firebirds regardless of the model, trim ect had the exact same floor pan shape, kickpanels seat mounting ect. I think the big concern here is will they conform and fit like a glove in every aspect in an F-body, ~or will we get a one size fits all version? If you got an order from a Camaro/Trans Am guy tomorrow, what would your course of action be? Would you be seeking a donor car in your local area to produce a product that fits perfectly and conforms to every surface like in the picture you used in your first post?
Old 05-19-2016, 10:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

^good question
Old 05-20-2016, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

We realize your concerns and wish we could post pictures with our mats in all car models, however being a fairly new company we do not have them. We launched late 2015 and tested out our products for about a month and only received a handful of customer photos, but not from every car brand.

As to the KickStarter, we will be officially launching this upcoming Tuesday May 24th at 8am PDT.
Thanks for replying in your thread. I feel that shows that you value your potential customers and know that customer satisfaction is paramount in an upstart company.

I have subscribed for availability for my wife's ML350.

This site has a wide array of owners, from multi-car garages, to guys just starting out in the hobby.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So you don't even have access to any 93-02 camaro or trans am to even make a set of floor mats, or to even display the floor mats. And you want $280 for?????? You show clear lack of being able to even complete a custom fitted set of floor mats for any vehicles. The fact that you claim to have made any floor mats without any vehicle to test fit clearly shows your inferior product fitment as a universal application
Old 05-21-2016, 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
Agreed with Alchamist in everything about the way they're handelibg this thread. Very canned response that was only altered with the very last word "ls1tech." No way I'd drop any money without knowing at all what I'll be getting as the end result.

Money is relative. $500 may seem expensive to one guy, but to the next it's nothing. There's a reason some here buy replica corvette wheels while others have forgeline, ccw, etc.. And it's usually not because people think c6 wheels look better than CCW classics...
And just like with the old 6LE threads everybody's hands are in the air until it's a reality and then one is left standing. People thinking a oem SS hood isn't worth 1000$ but gonna pay 500$ for floor mats,,,,,, yeah.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:52 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Something to remember here people... autopreme I don't think makes the floormats... they are just planning to resell them, I think. I might be wrong, but that's how I read it. They are just going to be a distributor for whoever the manufacturer is.

So my concern to this is, let's say we do pay the $280 for the Kickstarter... how long is it going to be till the mats are made??? 6 months, a year? If they don't have examples to show, then chances are they haven't prototyped them yet, so it's going to be a long long wait.

If I'm wrong, please correct me... but I've been around this car hobby for quite some time now, and seen lots of good intentions with lack of follow through.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
And just like with the old 6LE threads everybody's hands are in the air until it's a reality and then one is left standing. People thinking a oem SS hood isn't worth 1000$ but gonna pay 500$ for floor mats,,,,,, yeah.
A lot of times people's hands are in the air BEFORE the product is completed, when the hopes and expectations are high. But by the time it becomes a reality, the finalized product doesn't always live up to those initial expectations and hopes, as far as quality, design, and fit and finish are concerned. And that is when people back out... Which I should have done with my targa top.. a waste of $500 and lots of time due to its overall poor fit and design. That has been the case with most of the bumpers as well... and also the honeycomb lights I believe. All of those were good ideas of what could be great products. The execution just wasn't there.

Quick Reply: Best Floor Mats...ever?