Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

can someone plz help

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can someone plz help

Well, I noticed that my trunk lid is not sitting flush with the quarter panel driver side. So i I tried to adjust it turning those plastic rivettes and no change at all. How would I remedy this thanks. Car is a 02 vert.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adjust the position of your latch mechanism. There should be some adjustment built into it.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by psychosid30
Adjust the position of your latch mechanism. There should be some adjustment built into it.
Ill try that now thanks. Im lookig at latch mechanism i dont understand how this would affect the height postion

Last edited by 35ss; 06-15-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 35ss
Ill try that now thanks. Im lookig at latch mechanism i dont understand how this would affect the height postion
psychosid30 is right.

You can loosen it just slightly and move it down a little bit, maybe 1/4 inch or so. If you have to move it much lower then you might have to really slam your hatch to close it, or it might not even close at all.

If it still doesn't sit properly then maybe check to see if the 1/4 panel has been repaired or replaced. That could effect the alignment as well if it wasn't fixed properly. Also, you will have to readjust the rubber bumper on the passenger side as that side may sit lower now.

I have owned 5 4th gen's and none of them were perfect, even the brand new ones I owned. I always wrote it off to being a Camaro, not a Benz lol.
I am surprised they line up as well as they do with the mix of plastic, composite, and metal panels.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by deebee
psychosid30 is right.

You can loosen it just slightly and move it down a little bit, maybe 1/4 inch or so. If you have to move it much lower then you might have to really slam your hatch to close it, or it might not even close at all.

If it still doesn't sit properly then maybe check to see if the 1/4 panel has been repaired or replaced. That could effect the alignment as well if it wasn't fixed properly. Also, you will have to readjust the rubber bumper on the passenger side as that side may sit lower now.

I have owned 5 4th gen's and none of them were perfect, even the brand new ones I owned. I always wrote it off to being a Camaro, not a Benz lol.
I am surprised they line up as well as they do with the mix of plastic, composite, and metal panels.
Yes ,he indeed was. It doesnt look ridculious no more thanks guys
Old 06-16-2016, 06:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No Problem. Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday afternoon. Had some family obligations to take care of. Glad to see you got it fixed...

Quick Reply: can someone plz help