Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1995 camaro floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 1995 camaro floor mats?

Looking for set of floor mats for my dads 1995 Z28, I really wanted some from CAR motorsport but it seems as though they went out of business. All I see people talking about the Lloyd mats but don't really like their contour or that they have holes on the driver side for no reason. Please let me know what mats people are running these days as the hawks mats are the only ones I see that look decent, but would like a set closer to the ones made my CAR motorsport. If anyone has an OEM 1995 grey set that would be amazing. Thanks
Old 11-24-2020, 04:13 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

I have the Lloyds mats in my '98, I agree about the holes on the driver's side being unnecessary (they come with screw-in retaining pins that are supposed to be installed into the factory carpet, but I had no interest in making the needed holes to do so - nor is it really needed as the mats are quite slip resistant in my experience).

But their mats are very high quality, excellent fit and finish, and quite durable. When I first pulled them out of the box, I agree that the contour seemed "off" (too flat) and was worried that they wouldn't sit correctly on the passenger side (over the hump). This was in fact a bit of a problem at first, but only because I initially installed them after they'd been sitting for a while in a very cold garage in the dead of winter. But the backing is pliable when warm, so I brought them inside to warm up to room temp, then tried again. After that I had no issues getting them to conform to the floor pan contours, and they have held that shape perfectly for probably ~15 years now.

Overall, I'm very happy with the product and fitment - if you can overlook the holes. I also did their rear mats and deck mat, all very nice pieces.
The following users liked this post:
wannafbody (12-06-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I have the Lloyds mats in my '98, I agree about the holes on the driver's side being unnecessary (they come with screw-in retaining pins that are supposed to be installed into the factory carpet, but I had no interest in making the needed holes to do so - nor is it really needed as the mats are quite slip resistant in my experience).

But their mats are very high quality, excellent fit and finish, and quite durable. When I first pulled them out of the box, I agree that the contour seemed "off" (too flat) and was worried that they wouldn't sit correctly on the passenger side (over the hump). This was in fact a bit of a problem at first, but only because I initially installed them after they'd been sitting for a while in a very cold garage in the dead of winter. But the backing is pliable when warm, so I brought them inside to warm up to room temp, then tried again. After that I had no issues getting them to conform to the floor pan contours, and they have held that shape perfectly for probably ~15 years now.

Overall, I'm very happy with the product and fitment - if you can overlook the holes. I also did their rear mats and deck mat, all very nice pieces.

Thanks again for all your help!!!! I take it you can't order them without the holes..... Any pics of the ones installed in your car? Last any idea why the car motorsports place closed down?
Old 11-25-2020, 01:08 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by nastyiroc
Thanks again for all your help!!!! I take it you can't order them without the holes..... Any pics of the ones installed in your car? Last any idea why the car motorsports place closed down?
Glad to help.

As far as I know, they couldn't be ordered without the holes but, again, it was many years ago when I got mine (like 2005, maybe '06?) so things may have changed. FWIW, I'm the type of person who is usually bothered by little things like this, but the mats were (and still are) so nice that the holes really haven't bothered me even after all these years. I don't have many interior pictures of the car, but here is the one that best shows the mats. Please be advised that the color mis-match was on purpose; I did all the mats in black to match the rear deck mat (which was already black with silver stitching because I wanted it to be the inverse of the tail panel, which in my case is silver with black lettering). As for "Car Motorsports", I actually haven't even heard of them until your post above, no idea why they closed.

Old 11-27-2020, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am thinking of going with ACC mats as Lloyd won't offer the mats to me without the safety holes on the driver side.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

I got the looped Loyds Mats for my TA. Really nice quality. It seemes the plush mats don't hold up as well. I think Hawks has reproduction SLP mats for Camaros.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wannafbody
I got the looped Loyds Mats for my TA. Really nice quality. It seemes the plush mats don't hold up as well. I think Hawks has reproduction SLP mats for Camaros.
Only thing I hate about those are the driver side holes. What did you end up doing with those?

Quick Reply: 1995 camaro floor mats?