Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3M S&W Remover

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3M S&W Remover

I have a low end 10" Orbital Buffer, a car with a lot of swirls, and a day off...
If I buy 3m's Fine Cut Buffing Compound, am I going to screw anything up? I don't want to put more swirls in the paint than there already are or cause any unwanted harm to the paint. The car is black, so is there anyspecial version of the 3m I should use? Any feeback would be great.
Ed
Old 06-20-2004, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's really not going to get you very far with that buffer. You shouldn't mess anything up if you use your noggin.

If you are really serious about getting the swirls out, I would invest in a Porter Cable buffer or pay a professional.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would highly suggest using the 3M Finesse-it II first! It's the finest cut out there made for the "final finish" & will be the most gentle on your clear coat above anyhting else you'll find. I would try it on one panel first & check out the results before moving on. It they're still there, you can move up to the Fine Cut but I don't think you'll need to.

Shay
Old 06-21-2004, 07:10 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A compound will remove the swirls quicker than a polish BUT you will leave micro marring because the compound is so heavy cut.

It would still be easier to compound then polish then to polish your car 8 times to get rid of everything.

Quick Reply: 3M S&W Remover