Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone Replace a seat Actuator Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone Replace a seat Actuator Motor?

The front of my drivers seat is stuck in the up position. I'm guessing the motor is out. I can feel it jump when I hit the switch but nothing happens.
Has anyone replaced these before? If so, where did you get the replacement from ?
Old 03-13-2017, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer your question, no havent replaced a motor but i would make sure it wasnt the switch first. Just went through this and it was my switch not motor. You might have to remove the seat but unplug the motor and just put positive and negative on the motor and see if it moves. Switch the wires to see if it reverses.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LeftySS
To answer your question, no havent replaced a motor but i would make sure it wasnt the switch first. Just went through this and it was my switch not motor. You might have to remove the seat but unplug the motor and just put positive and negative on the motor and see if it moves. Switch the wires to see if it reverses.

Thanks Lefty, hopefully that will save me some time and trouble. Praying its the switch!
Old 03-13-2017, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aggiebutter
Thanks Lefty, hopefully that will save me some time and trouble. Praying its the switch!
Your welcome, hope its the switch as well, alot easier to deal with im sure. Reply back, i would like to know.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Double check to make sure it's not the drive cables. I had to replace them on my seat after I got my car a few years ago. Not the easiest to find, but not the hardest thing to replace either. The tip breaks just like on the old speedometer cables and then you're screwed.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zbugger
Double check to make sure it's not the drive cables. I had to replace them on my seat after I got my car a few years ago. Not the easiest to find, but not the hardest thing to replace either. The tip breaks just like on the old speedometer cables and then you're screwed.
Thanks, I'll check them out when I disconnect. I imagine this is the problem

Quick Reply: Anyone Replace a seat Actuator Motor?