Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Aftermarket E-brake handle

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 03:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aftermarket E-brake handle

Has anyone ever replaced the stock E-brake handle in their car? I just think the stock one looks like ***. Any pictures out there of some installed E-brake kits?
Old 06-26-2004, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

I recently installed a Momo e-brake handle.... sorry, no pics. I'm in the process right now of completely re-doing my interior. Scheduled to pick up some leather from my dad tomorrow. Right now, my interior is completely torn up. All trim pieces on the dash are removed, center console removed, speaker grills removed, etc..... looks horrible (for now ).

But back to your question, I replaced my e-brake but had to break off the stock one. I just took a serrated edge knife and cut away until it came off (the plastic part), then the button came off. (I thought I broke it ) But, once I stitch the boot for the e-brake, should look better. Hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:47 AM
10 Second Club

did the momo go on ok? Which model or part # is the e-brake that you have? Does it function ok?
Old 06-27-2004, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

you can see the one I bought here. The handle went on just fine, it adjusts with four tiny allen screws. I also had to buy an adaptor, which obviously didn't fit because there is no application for our cars. So, I bought an adaptor (the rubber piece that goes around the button) and made the hole bigger with a razor. Looks cool, a bit shiny when the sun's out, but cool looking.

Be warned, only do this if you're sure you want an aftermarket e-brake. Once you've broken the plastic handle, there's no going back unless you buy a new factory assembly. Just a heads up.

Oh, yeah.... it functions just fine. The button has a long rod attached to it with a "hook" at the end. As long as you put that part back on correctly, it clicks when you pull the brake up and locks itself, then press the button to release the e-brake.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket E-brake handle