Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Hardcoat anodizing custom valve covers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hardcoat anodizing custom valve covers?

I am making some custom valve covers out of machined 6061 for my car, and doing so will relocate the pcv and coils to make the covers uncluttered, but what good is doing so if they do not have a nice finish.

So, has anyone used a hardcoat that has matched chevy orange? If so, care to share who did it, and ballpark price? How well has it held up?

My only other choices are rattle can (last choice), powder coat, or enamel paint. If going enamel, what primer to use on aluminum and thin enough for an airbrush?
Attached Thumbnails Hardcoat anodizing custom valve covers?-valve-cover1.jpg   Hardcoat anodizing custom valve covers?-valve-cover2.jpg  

Last edited by billsnogo; 04-24-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one attempted it? So how has powder coat held up? Not a show car, but would like to keep it looking nice.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Not powder coat

But I did mine rattle canned with brake enamel. For some reason the duplicolor brake enamel is the perfect high temp match to my red camaro.

Just saying you can get good quality out of rattle can if you take your time and wet sand between coats. Used a high temp primer and high temp clear as well.

Quick Reply: Hardcoat anodizing custom valve covers?