Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Installing Bi-halogen lights

Old 07-14-2017, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Bi-halogen lights

Greetings, I have recently purchased a pair of Hella Bi-hlogen 90mm projector headlights. I want to install them in my Toyota SR5 T-100. Unbelievably after contacting Summit racing and Hella several times I have given up on getting a schematic diagram for the wiring. They literally have nothing in print or digital format for me to use as a guide. I will be installing them to be used in conjunction with the factory H4 halogen headlights. Can you please help me?
Old 07-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

Hella and Summit don't have and won't provide custom wiring diagrams for every possible car/truck since it will be custom for that particular vehicle.

What year T-100? You may want to checkout what people have done on www.HIDPlanet.com for headlight upgrades on various vehicles (typically HID Projectors). I'm on there too with the same screen name.

The Hella 90mm projectors will either be H9 or H7 Bulbs (probably H9). From there, you'll have to make your own harness.

To Make a Wiring adapter, You'll Need:
* Female H9 or H7 Connectors for the bulbs
* The correct connector for the shield solenoid
* Male H4 Connector
* 16 AWG or 14 AWG Wire

Wire Up Low Beam and Ground from the H4 Connector to the H7 or H9 Connector. Wire Up High Beam and Ground from the H4 Connector to the Shield Solenoid Connector.

You'll either need to put a diode in the harness going from the high beam to low beam to keep the bulbs on (since on an typical H4 setup, the low beam filament is turned off when the high beam is used). Or do whatever the correct wiring mod is for your truck that does a similar trick.

Alternative, cut off the H4 Connectors on the Truck and replace with the correct connectors for the new projectors (H7 or H9 and Solenoid Connector). You'll still need to do the high beam mod above.

Why did you get the Hella 90mm Bi-Halogen projectors instead of OEM or Aftermarket HID Bi-Xenon projectors and putting them inside clear aftermarket housings?

Last edited by VIP1; 07-14-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing Bi-halogen lights