Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: Which color guys and gals?????
Chevy Orange
0%
Factory Black
50.00%
Metallic Pontiac Blue
50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

What color?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What color?

So the engine is coming out of the firebird to be rebuilt and I am at a decision time and figured I was ask for everyones input to see what direction to go

While the engine is out usually everyone cleans up the old powertrain and cleans good under the hood to make the appearance a lot better cleaning the trans and the engine and the engine bay up and doing some painting.

The trans I'm thinking of cleaning up and repainting the silver to give it a fresh appearance, the engine I haven't decided on so here are the thoughts stay black with the aluminum heads I have and clean the heads up, paint it to the old school metallic Pontiac blue and clean up the almuminum and put some polished valve covers on top, paint it the bright chevy orange and put it back together? the car is red but eventually I would like to change to a pearl white with a blue firebird on the hood I don't know how a red car will look with a metallic blue engine I know black and orange will go with it but don't know on the blue?????

SO WITH THAT BEING SAID WHAT IS EVERYONES THOUGHTS?
Old 04-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Location: From Massapequa, New York / Now in Southern California
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Daves03
So the engine is coming out of the firebird to be rebuilt and I am at a decision time and figured I was ask for everyones input to see what direction to go

While the engine is out usually everyone cleans up the old powertrain and cleans good under the hood to make the appearance a lot better cleaning the trans and the engine and the engine bay up and doing some painting.

The trans I'm thinking of cleaning up and repainting the silver to give it a fresh appearance, the engine I haven't decided on so here are the thoughts stay black with the aluminum heads I have and clean the heads up, paint it to the old school metallic Pontiac blue and clean up the almuminum and put some polished valve covers on top, paint it the bright chevy orange and put it back together? the car is red but eventually I would like to change to a pearl white with a blue firebird on the hood I don't know how a red car will look with a metallic blue engine I know black and orange will go with it but don't know on the blue?????

SO WITH THAT BEING SAID WHAT IS EVERYONES THOUGHTS?
"Older" School Pontiac blue