Notices
Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Foot Well LEDs

Old 03-19-2019, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Foot Well LEDs

So today I was kind of bored and had been wanting to do this for a while. It was such a simple job. I used a 4 foot piece of LED strip lighting and it's wired to the dimmer..... so I am able to dim with the gauges. I also have a remote and can change the color if I like with the IR controller. If you've ever thought of doing it, it's cheap and easy!

Old 03-19-2019, 05:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

how to pics if ya got em !
Old 03-19-2019, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
how to pics if ya got em !
Sure. In a nutshell, the LED strip light has an IR controller and I soldered the positive side to the right side of the 5A fuse post for the dimmer and extended the negative to one of the ground locations behind the brake pedal. The LED strip is around 4 feet and I simply taped it up the vent on the passenger's side (with packing tape) and looped it over cables on the driver's side. I like the idea of soldering to the fuse because I'm not a fan of cutting into my wires.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Nice, I picked up a 97 TA that had the LED strips already installed. In the footwells, the HVAC vents and in the back with light coming out the seatbelt holes at the top of the seats, all linked to a switch in the console (on/off). I love it.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Nice, I picked up a 97 TA that had the LED strips already installed. In the footwells, the HVAC vents and in the back with light coming out the seatbelt holes at the top of the seats, all linked to a switch in the console (on/off). I love it.
Very cool. I like that mine are wired to the dimmer because I keep my gauges dimmed as low as they can go without being off. I also like that I have my strip soldered to the fuse.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

I have been wanting to do this for years. I researched the different ways to do it but just have not pulled the trigger. I have no idea how to solder but I like the idea of being able to dim them
Old 04-16-2019, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maximus0066 View Post
I have been wanting to do this for years. I researched the different ways to do it but just have not pulled the trigger. I have no idea how to solder but I like the idea of being able to dim them
No time to learn to solder than the present! .... if you so choose. Of course that's just one way to get it done. You can always butt connectorize it by cutting into the dimmer circuit. I do love the idea to dim them. I also have the option to change colors with the remote.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: