Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Oxidation on glass...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down Oxidation on glass...

Had my windows tinted today, and now more than ever I can visibly see how badly the hatch glass on my car is oxidized. The window tinter suggested using a "red" clay bar to clean it up? Also, I have scratches on my driver's side window. Any ideas on what I should use to buff them out?
Old 07-14-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try polishing compound, its only 2 bucks and works wonders. This is what my glass man recommended to me. Make sure your glass and cloth that you apply it with are soaking wet. Don't let the compound dry on the glass. Have a dry towel handy. Hope this helps.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 67SS&99Z28
Try polishing compound, its only 2 bucks and works wonders. This is what my glass man recommended to me. Make sure your glass and cloth that you apply it with are soaking wet. Don't let the compound dry on the glass. Have a dry towel handy. Hope this helps.
Is there a particular brand you reccomend? I'll try and get some pictures that show how bad it is, and post some before and after shots. Right now it looks like ****.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Turtle Wax brand. You may be able to use the rubbing compound (red and white can) then go to a polishing compound(green and white can). I have never tryed rubbing compound but the polishing compond works wonders. If you have really bad oxidation, you may want to try a some rubbing compound in the lower part of the glass to see how it turns out. You may be able to fix it with a little elbow grease.

Quick Reply: Oxidation on glass...