Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

TA Headlight upgrade by Late Model Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 02:44 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TA Headlight upgrade by Late Model Lighting

Hi , I came across a LED head light upgrade for the TA . Anyone have this set up or know anything about it ?

https://latemodellighting.com/collec...e-complete-kit

Thx
Old 05-15-2020, 12:12 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Those pics don't show the actual housings or beam pattern at 25ft so I can't really comment on overall quality, but I'm guessing they used aftermarket housings and drop-in LED bulbs, both of which already exist of varying quality and have been covered in other threads. Can you contact them to get better pictures (housings, bulbs, pics at 25ft to see beam against wall)?

I'm noticing that their other product pages don't show the actual product either, just a pic of a lit housing. Their kit breakdown doesn't list all the parts in the kit either. How do you know what will actually arrive in the mail? And their pictures are overblown, not showing actual/clear output.

Last edited by VIP1; 05-15-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
Those pics don't show the actual housings or beam pattern at 25ft so I can't really comment on overall quality, but I'm guessing they used aftermarket housings and drop-in LED bulbs, both of which already exist of varying quality and have been covered in other threads. Can you contact them to get better pictures (housings, bulbs, pics at 25ft to see beam against wall)?

I'm noticing that their other product pages don't show the actual product either, just a pic of a lit housing. Their kit breakdown doesn't list all the parts in the kit either. How do you know what will actually arrive in the mail? And their pictures are overblown, not showing actual/clear output.
how high should the cutoff be at 25ft?
Old 05-18-2020, 01:40 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
how high should the cutoff be at 25ft?
On level ground with level car, about 2" below headlight center on the car, but on lower cars like ours, you can probably get away with level as long as you don't have excessive glare from a bad headlight setup.

Last edited by VIP1; 05-18-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: TA Headlight upgrade by Late Model Lighting