Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

TA sideskirt removal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 02:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TA sideskirt removal?

Anyone done this? I really don't like the sideskirts on the TA and want to take them off. Also any pics of this?
Old 07-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

it looks like a firebird. i have mine off right now. cant wait to put them back on. pluss there's holes under the side skirts.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Changed a side skirt a while back. Sorry I have no pics, but should take you no more than 5 mins or so with the right tools.

Keep in Mind: there are about 10 holes in your car under that skirt. Might be a bit unsightly.

You need to remove a small series of screws and retainers on the bottom. In the inner front fender well, remove the retainer with a phillips head. You will need to remove a few screws from wheel well to gain access to 2 - 7/8" nut retainers use a nice deep socket. This is key so you can remove the skirt with no damage. Then pull skirt straight out w/ hands no tools needed here (level with car). Congrats you have now removed your side skirt and repeat. To install reverse instructions.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't do it.
It defeats the purpose of owning a TA. If you don't like it, got get a Formula Firebird and slap a WS6 hood in it.

Your car is sweet just the way it is!
Old 07-31-2004, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I know. I actually prefer formys more than TA's but just don't like the lack of a spoiler. If it could be done all over again I'd be in a Silver WS6 formy right now. A used one at that since it would be cheaper

Quick Reply: TA sideskirt removal?