Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question about the OEM SS spoiler...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the OEM SS spoiler...

I got an estimate to paint an SS spoiler today and they said it was a 2 piece spoiler... I thought it was only one piece... I've got one attached the the hatch, but I don't have time to take it apart right now... does anyone know off the top of their head?
Old 09-21-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is one piece, dont let a body shop screw you like that. The only other piece is the tail light, and if they consider that the second piece then find a new shop. Thats the good thing about my situation. My buddy can paint it for me and all I have to do it supply the paint and a case of beer for the two of us. That is whenever I get it, which should be in a month or two or three or four...well you get the point. Just dont take it to maco

Fry
Old 09-21-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, this is one of the best body shops around where I am and he and I went over it... they're not trying to screw me, they said that if it turns out to be one piece, that's no problem at all, they'll be happy to change the quote... however I looked at their pricing model, and it shows some f&@ked up lookin RS spoiler for the '02 SS. It basically looks like a Z28 spoiler with some little dealie stuck on the top of it.

I think they're going to charge me right around 400 for prepping the surface and a black clearcoat finish. Doesn't sound too bad to me.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not bad seeing a shop wanted $700 to fill my grille holes... "if it turns out to be one piece"? It is one true piece.. good luck
Old 09-22-2004, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think the spoiler you saw was the RS spoiler. which would essentially be two pieces.

Quick Reply: Question about the OEM SS spoiler...