Sponsored by: DashLynx

Breathless style light thread again

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Breathless style light thread again

Mods,

Please don't lock this thread. The previous thread had a lot of good pictures of the firehawk lights, breathless lights, etc.

Can we not keep this thread alive so that we can discuss what people would and would not like in a light kit? Then if someone were to actually produce a kit, they could advertise it here as a sponsor? I didn't see anyone actually say they could produce a light kit. There was some mention of a front clip that could be made and that was out of line.

There have been a few sponsors who started out by doing a mod for themselves, then at the request of others, started doing them for profit and becoming a sponsor (blakhawk with his headrests for example).

I just want to get all the pictures and opinions from the other thread so that if someone had a shop connection they could make it happen for us.

Non-popup headlights are a big desire for quite a few people. I don't see any reason to close a thread that is discussing them as long as there is no "selling".

So if anyone could post those pictures of the original firehawk non-popup lights that would be great.

I personally would like a set of non-popup lights that are:

Black plastic frame
Dual projector style regular lamps
Smoked plexi cover
$500 or less

Russell
Old 09-28-2004, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This has been forwarded to the site Administrators for review. . . .
Old 09-28-2004, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uhh what happened, was it becuase of the bumper?
Old 09-28-2004, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In the previous thread a member posted photos of a TA with the non-popup headlights. It also had a custom nose piece. The thread was closed because the nose piece was being advertised and it is not from a sponsor. That advertisement was completely off topic and out of line.

However, as far as I know, there was never discussion of selling a light kit? So the light thread was a valid thread that got hijacked and locked. I don't think Z28 knew that. Or maybe there is something else that I don't know about going on?

I just want to get a light kit with good quality and options.

Xsta Z 28, I sent you a PM and would appreciate some clarification before submitting me to the admins for review. If I've stepped out of line somehow I'll definitely apologize. I think there's just a misunderstanding.

Russell
Old 09-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The topic is going to Admins for review because of the previous topic. The reason the topic was shut down is because 1. it was way off topic and 2. a non sponsor item was being advertised. Instead of recreating this topic over and over again, it might have been better to contact the mods directly to ask for permission to reopen the discussion in a different manner. The judgement that a mod makes is for the good of the site. If a mod locks, moves, or edits a thread... there is usually a good reason why he/she has done so. It isn't often that someone will argue with the mods judgement, but when it does come up then the best solution is to let the Admins take care of it. That is why I assume Xsta has put this topic into the Admins hands. Until they say one way or the other, it is best to just leave the subject as is.

We do not want this to lead to a huge debate so I am going to close this until one of the Admins find a solution to your concerns. Please do not start another topic about this until we hear from them. Thank you.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Like I said I turned it over to the Admins. I understand what you are trying to do, you want to see all the options on non pop up lights on a Firebird. Unfortuantely, there is only one in production that I know of. Using the forum to gain interst on the possibility of producing a product, is not allowed, if one is not a sponsor.

There is no problem discussing a modification to a car, that is the entire purpose of the Forum. Tons of people come onto the Forum daily with new and innovative ideas to share, but not produce. Like the !wire mod, or the !air hose mod, or the guy who lit up the rear "bird" with fibre optics, or the guy who lit up the front "bird" with LED's. It is total cool to share and give ideas for others to try out.

But to take advantage of the forum to design a product is not. It's free Research and Developement. There was a person who started, and promised to become a sponsor, so we let it go, but in the end he renigged and the Board was SOL. So another reason why we seam to be so hard is that we got burnt once, and will not let it happen again.

We are not trying to be hardasses here just looking out for the best interests of LS1Tech. And since it does fall into a slight grey area that is why we have asked the Administartors ot look at this.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Andy is exactly right. We lost two sponsors due to "gauging interest" type threads about products that competed directly with them that were posted by non-sponsors.

We do not mind our members discussing cool ideas, but as soon as anything that hints about it being produced or for sale is seen, it will be closed or deleted. Any links to non-sponsors posted will also cause the thread to be edited or closed.

We do not favor "gauging interest" type threads here anymore, we've been burned a few times by non-sponsors on those.

Quick Reply: Breathless style light thread again