Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

shaved door handles

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id have to say it took me about 3 months start to finish. But, the shop is a little over an hour from work. Id spend 3 hours monday, wed, and then 6 hours friday after work. then all day sat(10 hrs). I coulda done it faster but i was in no rush and was taking my time. Soem of my time was spent working on other projects at the shop as well. like 57 Chevy and a 56 Five window truck. it was part time work where i was just learning how to do body work/paint. I haven tbeen back in about a year or so.. jsut havent had the time away from job numero uno.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Streak
id have to say it took me about 3 months start to finish. But, the shop is a little over an hour from work. Id spend 3 hours monday, wed, and then 6 hours friday after work. then all day sat(10 hrs). I coulda done it faster but i was in no rush and was taking my time. Soem of my time was spent working on other projects at the shop as well. like 57 Chevy and a 56 Five window truck. it was part time work where i was just learning how to do body work/paint. I haven tbeen back in about a year or so.. jsut havent had the time away from job numero uno.
Nice job looks clean.

I like shaved handles but leaving the stock handles and locks on it. Well only one way to decribe it, in the words of Indian Larry " I like the mechanicalness of it, I like to see all the gizmos and gadgets."
Little things like that make a car or bike look like a machine. I am more old school than new though. Just MO.

Man, all these bike and car shows on TV are cool to watch, but then they start throwin around words like Old school and custom. Then you hear everyone using them, Its getting increasingly aggravating to deal with all these D*** posers....ricers, RUB's (Rich urban bikers) etc. Ok, that had nothing to do with shaved handles.

See ya.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

I think it looks awesome, before my ss i had a trans am and shaved them, while i was going to college to take autobdy repair! I have to say it was hard cause u can wled them cause the panels are smc, and the stuff we sued to shave them was like trying to sand a rock, but when it was done it was sweet looking!
Old 11-10-2004, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Shave' em
Old 11-14-2004, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00Streak
dont let these people fool ya. www.00silverstreak.com/030604pics.htm the nose is shaved as well as the antenna.
shaved nose - http://www.00silverstreak.com/Semblem.htm

shaved antenna - http://www.00silverstreak.com/Santenna.htm

When i take it to the track(havent yet) all im gonna do is remove my doorpanels(easy job) and just run a kevlar line outside thru the weatherstrip and window with a pull strap attatched to it. ive got 50;b solenoids and they have not given me a problem in the past year. to popers that push the door open once the solenoids activate the handle mechanism are just spring loaded little pistons. I filled them with bearing grease to keep them from squeaking. Also, you cant use metal like you could on the older cars. you have to take a scrap door and reuse the same door material so that temperature fluctuations dont affect the material. heres another link thats got some pics on it.
http://www.00silverstreak.com/Shandles.htm
the blue stuff you see is a fiber type filler. it has shredded fiberglass mixed in with special adhesive. the folloing photos show a mint colored stuff that is nothing ore than a final glaze.

these pics are lower quality but show closer shots of the doors.
http://www.00silverstreak.com/FreePage1.htm

have any other questions pm me as i did all the work solo.
S
sooooo hottttt want to touch the hiney! owww owwwwwwwwwwww

i want i want...i hope when i get my g/f her camaro that it cant look half as good
Old 11-14-2004, 10:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldn't shave the doors myself, including for the reason of track legality. but as for the antenna delete and nose emblem, i like it. do you still have a radio? what do you do for an antenna now? and i never thought of deleting the nose emblem before. i like it.

thanks,
Dave
Old 11-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Teching In

hmm. dont like the shaved door handles
Old 11-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Teching In

I actually really like the look of shaved door handles, its just so clean. Looks great
Old 11-15-2004, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
want to touch the hiney!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Angus
I remeber readin somewhere that a guy measured the lock and door handle area a bit bigger in a rectangle measurement and went to a junk yard a got 2 doors off of a car and then measured the exact dimensions on a different part of the door in the same curved area and then cut them out. then he cut out his door handle and lock and placed the peice from the other door and welded it so it was a smooth door with no handles or lock and it was all one door skin.
you cant weld our doors
Old 02-02-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a photoshop of my car with everything shaved, door handles, ss emblems and nose emblem :

Old 02-02-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Scrap the side molding and you're set! Looks good man!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98'MidnightBlueBird'
check out my site, i have shaved door handles, by ride is only a v6 but i think that you get the effect... also 00streak is right about the actuators... you need to make sure the you get at least 25lbs ones because the doors on are cars are soooo hefty!

I think it looks super clean.....

http://community.webshots.com/user/confisk8d131
I thought the v6's didn't have the spoiler. Yours has the firebird/formula front end but the transam rear.

or did I have one too many kool-aids tonight?
Old 02-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Heres a solution the the antenna prob. I just have my antenna tie wrapped under the PS back plastic that hides the spare. But i did see this in a car mag that will work..

http://www.julianos.com/in-car_antenna.html

Quick Reply: shaved door handles