Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Opinion please

Anybody know or have opinions on the quality of these seats from Jegs? Summit has the same type and style for about same price.

I know about Sparco, Recaro, and Corbea but they cost nearly twice as much and sometimes you don't always get what you pay for.

I don't want lightweight racing seats as the car will be a two seat street/strip car rather than full race. So I want seats where there are slots for seat belts like these rather than my stock seats which have none. I have removed the rear seat.

Jegs.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...omepage=100504

When I go to the strip, I will also remove the passenger seat and install a computer stand like this.

http://www.gomobilenow.com/product_p/5167-14.htm
Old 10-31-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you don't need to remove the passenger seat to run that comp set up.. check out afterthoughts..----> As far as I know those seats will work but I have heard that the foam will crap out on you and make the "budget" seats twice as expensive when you have to replace them in 6 months. You can find used seats (Corbeau, Recaro Spacro.. ) on ebay for the price of the summit/jegs seats new, You also might need to get brackets which can be pricey. I got Corbeau's and feel that I have gotten more than what I paid for.. They are now sponsoring me and all my other cars will have their seats in them. (Corbeau gives me a discount which makes the "budget" seats seem f**kin expensive... good luck

Quick Reply: Opinion please