Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mr. Clean auto dry

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Mr. Clean auto dry

had to try this thing out. the very first time i used it, it was great. then when i got the replacement filter i have not gotten the same results. still good stuff though. has anybody used it to clean the engine? been thinking of it instead of spraying simple clean. anyone???
Old 11-11-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea.. im thinking of using it just for when I do my engine bay.. i dont actually wash the car very often
Old 11-11-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to use it, had no complaints about it...the system works extremely well. Have not used it for a while, cuz Meguires Gold Class shampoo is too damn sweet!

However, thats an AWESOME idea to use it in the engine bay...****, gonna have to try that tommorow
Old 11-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Damn hitmeoff,thats one stealthy lookin **** car you got there !!!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was pleased with it...the first time but after that...i mean...i could make it look twice as good by soaping it by hand..and rinsing and shammying it off..so i threw it away..
Old 11-11-2004, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Meguires Gold Class shampoo hey can you give me some info on this hitmeoff cuz whatever your doing to ur car is making it look GReat!
Old 11-12-2004, 02:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the comments guys! I wash my car every week...sometimes it gets monotonous while im doing it, but once im done...I couldnt be more satisfied.

Hey msbz_ls1, you can read up what Meguires has to say about thier product here:
http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia...&subcatagory=1 I dunno what I can say about it, not really sure how it gives my car the finish that it does, all I know its the best damn wash Ive ever used.

Once a month I use the NXT Tech Wash (its heavier than the Gold Class and helps strip old wax), polish with ColorX, the wax with NXT Tech Wax, the throw in another coat of Mother's Pure Carnuba wax. All by hand (cant afford a good polisher)

For the weekly wash I use the Gold Class shampoo because its pretty easy on wax, then I use Eagle One's Wax-As-You-Dry spray on wax...preatty neat spray actually, does a decent job and using it couldnt be easier: you spray it on the wet surface, then dry your car...thats it. I used to use the NXT Booster Spray Wax on my weekly wash, but that **** was 10x more work to use than the normal Tech Wax. Plus, I alway felt that it didnt leave my car with the same shine and color depth that id have after doing my monthly. The Eagle One spray does seem to boost my polish/wax job to near "just polished/waxed" level
Old 11-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Tech wax doesn't seem to strip my NXT. Dawn even has a hard time stripping NXT. I don't know how you've done it.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Launching!

Lightbulb

If anybody wants to try the Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry product, there is a rebate for it here:

http://www.valvoline.com/pages/rebat...sp?rebateid=15

They will send you a rebate check for the purchase price up to $6.00 if it is purchased before the end of 2004.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

I wouldnt reccomend it I used it a couple times, and it will never look as good as washing by hand.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Lightbulb

Also, if anybody wants to buy a Mr. Clean Auto Dry then we can get a $3.00 off coupon to use when we buy it:

http://www.startsampling.com/sm/4901/
Old 11-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Originally Posted by Cefiro
I wouldnt reccomend it I used it a couple times, and it will never look as good as washing by hand.
I agree and disagree with you here....

When it comes down to it, I use the mr. clean system to make my hand washing easier. I use it to wet the car down (no brainer there) and to apply soap to both the car and my wash mitt, but the good thing is, I can keep one hand on the mr. clean, the other in my nice wash mitt. Instead of using buckets, where you can contaminate your wash water when rinsing your mitt (unless you use the two bucket method), I find it eaiser to just rinse out the mitt with water from the autodry. Nothing gets contaminated, my wash is still done "by hand", and I don't have to worry about buckets. I still use the bucket when I'm doing wheels (they are always dirty with brake dust) but I don't use my wash mitt on them. I use meguiars hot shine wheel cleaner and follow that up with a 100% cotton terry washcloth.

No, I don't use the mr. clean wash solution, I use NXT wash in the mr. clean instead. I used to use the filtered water, but come on, I'm not gonna let my car drip dry...I'm too impatient to get working with other products, so I use the absorber to dry it.

Have a explained it well enough? I really think it is an awesome system to use for cleaning my car.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PendragonZ
Tech wax doesn't seem to strip my NXT. Dawn even has a hard time stripping NXT. I don't know how you've done it.
Really? I have a hard time making my NXT Wax stick for very long, which is why I use the Carnuba on top of it now. When I used to call it a day after one coat of NXT, I found that most of it would come off as soon as I used the Tech Wash, only the Mr Clean and the Meguiars Gold Class shampoo seem to leave it along, with Gold Class definitely leaving shine and color on.

Anyway, you can always try washing the car with the Tech wash, going over the finish with some cleaner wax and going from there.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for all the info..thanks to hitmeoff my black car may look a little nicer next week..when the stuff comes in the mail
Old 11-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Default Wax as you dry.

This stuff works great I have a blackSS m6 that I bought used with 38,000 miles. It had some scratches in the clear so I wet sanded the whole car in sections and took 90% percent of the factory orange peel out and now it is slick but since the clear is so level and texture free it shows the finest of scratches. I hardly ever drive the car so it really never needs washing unless it gets bad dusty so I started using the wax/as u dry dilluted with 50/50 mixture with water and it works great that way as well. To me it's just as good as far as the shine as regular wax but I don't know how well it protects the paint. I also use it on all of the dark based vehicles that we detail unless of course they want it waxed.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Use the Mr Clean Auto Dry today on the engine bay...

didnt really put much elbow grease into it (pretty much just spray the inside, then spray it with the soap, rinsed out the soap, then used the filtered water), it came out ok!

My car isnt a show car with a bunch of engine dress up in it, the engine bay is pretty stock except for the clear lid...but it is nice to have the inside clean.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean auto dry