Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Custom centercap decals?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Custom centercap decals?

Anyone in here make custom centercap decals or whatnot? I have Boyd Coddington Smoothie II's and since the first week i had them the centercaps have been faded. They are years old now and I've written Boyd about getting a new set and no one will answer my emails.
So can oneone size a Boyd center cap or can they make a custom decal if they have dimensions or a stencil of the exact size? I'm looking to get a Navy blue decal made with a Chevy/Orange (Hugger) bowtie in the center if anyone can do it.(orange to match my calipers and the orange on my 69 Z28 emblems. Thanks for the help if you guys know anyone.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

I emailed boyd about 2 weeks ago and they responsed pretty fast. They said to sent the whole center caps back for re-decalling. That was for free I was guessing. I have the same problem you have. I got custom red SS decals made from brent franker that fit perfectly within the faded decal. I am going to spray the faded decal black put the red SS decals over it and then hit the whole decal with clear. This way the SS decals will never come up. I think this will look better then the boyd decal anyway. I will have pictures of it in a couple of weeks. Hope this helps
Old 11-29-2004, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

yea thats awesome. I'd love to see them. Sucks that we gotta take our wheels off to get the centercap off. I'll look into asking Brent if he can do them and still has your template to go by. BTW, I saw your car at SLP day, love the flames
Old 11-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks

Yeah ask Brent he made them up for me in a couple of days and only cost 12-15 dollars or so. I recently put my ZR1's back on and not only do you have to take the boyd's off to get the center caps off but I had to beat the hell out of it to pop them out.

Quick Reply: Custom centercap decals?