Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

are consoles same?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default are consoles same?

hey guys, im planning on running over to the local boneyard and scoping out what they have.. i have yet to decide what i want to do as far as my shifter for my planned th400 swap..i was wanting to go get a donor console so if i did decide to go with a aftermarket such as a ratchet shiter or what have you.. i could hack up a spare console and keep mine so if i go back stock. i am still leaning toward the factory modified shifter for stock appearance. i have been reading and reading and reading and its seems to be the m6 consoles are more easily adapted for the aftermarket shifters? am i correct? my question is..do i have to get a m6 console out of a 98 up car or will an older one (lt1) be the same..that goes for the a4 as well..i am sorry not too familiar with what cosoles/ colors changed with what year as well as design (cupholder etcc)..just looking maybee to score a backup incase i dedice to break out the saw and do some hacking..by the way i searched this and couldnt seem to find anything (consoles) if its here..i am sorry didnt see it..
matt
Old 12-21-2004, 06:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Lt1 cars, '96 and earlier, are different! You will have to buy the entire center console (upper and lower) to swap them out.